INCLEMENT WEATHER FAQs
Q: How are the inclement weather decisions made?
Q: What types of inclement weather decisions are there?
Q: What are the expectations of remote learning days?
Q: How many remote learning days does the Colorado Department of Education allow school districts to use during a school year?
Q: May I choose to keep my child home if the decision is made to hold in-person learning?
Q: How will inclement weather announcements be made?
SCHOOL BOARD POLICIES
- EBCE: School Closings, Activity Related Cancellations, Late Starts, and Early Releases Policy
- EBCE-R-1:School Closings, Activity Related Cancellations, Late Starts, and Early Releases Regulation
- EBCE-R-2: Electronic Learning Days
Please contact your school for information about their specific weather-related policies and procedures.
District 11 uses a mass communication system to notify the community of any delays, closures, or remote learning days. In addition to receiving notifications via email, text message (if you opted in for texting), and mobile app notifications, an alert window will pop up on any page on the District 11 website you visit. This will ensure you receive the notification in a timely manner. The notification box can be acknowledged and closed.
SIGNING UP FOR NOTIFICATIONS
In the event of a remote learning day, delay, or closure, we will send out a notification via email, text message and mobile app push. Notifications by email and mobile app push are enabled by default. Text alerts must be opted into. These settings can be modified after logging into the D11 Loop website or Mobile App.
HOW TO LOG IN
Go to d11.org/Loop or open the D11 mobile app.
Families: Use the Blackboard credentials emailed to you. If you did not receive an email with your login information, contact your school's front office staff.
Staff and Students: Use your email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your D11 network password.
Community Members: Go to THIS PAGE and create an account and select which D11 School you wish to follow. Once created, you may use this account on the D11 Loop website as well as the D11 Mobile App.
If you want to receive notifications via text message, please be sure to add a Text/SMS number on the account tab. Text messages are always an opt-in option.
To Opt into Text Messaging
- Click on Account in the upper right portion of the window
- Under the Account Info tab, scroll down to "Delivery addresses" and click the Add dropdown box.
- Choose the Text/SMS Number.
- Add the phone number, with the area code, and click save.
To set your Delivery Preferences
- Click the Delivery Preferences Tab
- In the OTHER section, select the forms of notification you would like to receive.
Please note that due to the early hour, morning delay and closure notifications will not be sent out via phone calls.