The Colorado Springs School District 11 Board of Education will be hosting public interviews with the three D11 superintendent finalists on Tuesday, May 24, at the Tesla Professional Development Building auditorium, 2560 International Circle, Colorado Springs, CO. 80910. These 90-minute interviews are open for the public to view in person as follows:
- 4 p.m. Mr. Peter Hilts
- 6 p.m. Dr. Tammy Clementi
- 8 p.m. Mr. Michael Gaal
To maintain a fair and equitable interview process for each candidate, the interviews will be held in person and will not be live-streamed. Recorded interviews will be posted the following day on this website.
The Colorado Springs School District 11 Board of Education convened a special meeting on Saturday, May 7, 2022 to narrow down the field of superintendent candidates and announce the three finalists.
The Board of Education looks forward to hosting all three finalists over the coming weeks and aims to announce the new Superintendent of D11 by the end of this month. The community will be invited to meet the candidates and offer feedback during public forums. More details on the finalists and the timeline for finalist visits will be released early next week. Please feel free to visit this page in the coming days as we post additional information.
The finalists for the position of D11 Superintendent in alphabetical order are:
Superintendent Search Information
The Colorado Springs School District 11, Colorado Springs, Colorado, Board of Education, is seeking a highly qualified, proven, and experienced leader to serve as Superintendent of Schools.
Applications were accepted Monday, March 21, 2022 12:00 AM - Wednesday, April 20, 2022 11:59 PM (Central Standard Time)
- Closing Date for Applications: April 20, 2022
- Board of Education Selects Finalists: May 7, 2022
- Interviews with the Board of Education: May 23-24, 2022
- Selection of New Superintendent: June 2022
- Start Date: July 1, 2022
The District 11 Board of Education is currently working with a national search firm, McPherson & Jacobson, to help identify and select candidates to be our next superintendent of schools.
One of the firm's activities in this process is to gather stakeholder feedback on our schools, our community, and the desired characteristics we hope to see in our next superintendent. This information will help inform our consultant's work, guide the Board of Education in the selection process, and will also be critical to helping our selected candidate smoothly transition into the role of our next superintendent.
We highly value the perceptions of our community. We asked the community to give us their input regarding superintendent selection by completing a short online survey created by McPherson & Jacobson. The survey closed on Friday, April 15, 2022.
STAKEHOLDER SURVEY RESULTS: The superintendent search firm, McPherson & Jacobson, held several stakeholder meetings (employee groups, parents, students etc.). Linked below, please find the survey results report, which also includes the online survey results. In total, the report is nearly 200 pages, with the vast majority of those pages representing more than 750 online responses.
PTA/SAC Stakeholder Meetings
This process involves meetings with school PTA and SAC representatives for stakeholder feedback. The following meetings were held in April 2022:
- Doherty High School: Tuesday, April 5, 6 p.m.
- Mitchell High School (library/media center): Tuesday, April 5, 6 p.m.
- Coronado High School (library/media center): Monday, April 11, 6 p.m.
- Palmer High School (Eagle Wing): Monday, April 11, 6 p.m.
Employee/DAC Stakeholder Meetings
- A meeting with the Executive Professionals Employee Group was held on Thursday, March 31 @ 12:00 p.m.
- A meeting with Educational Support Professionals Employee Group was held on Tuesday, April 5 @ 4:00 p.m.
- A meeting with staff members who provide specialized student service including SPED, G/T, ELL, Counselors, Speech, OT, PT was held on Friday, April 8th @ 4 p.m.
- A meeting with Colorado Springs Educator Association was held on Thursday, April 14, @ 4:00 p.m
- A meeting with the District Accountability Committee was held on Thursday, April 21 @ 6:00 p.m.
D11 High School Student Representative Feedback Meeting
- A meeting was held at the Roy J. Wasson Academic Campus on Wednesday, April 6, @ 4:00 p.m.