The Coronado High School community is experiencing increased COVID-19 rates mirroring what we are seeing throughout El Paso County. Working in collaboration with the El Paso County Department of Public Health and Environment, and Colorado Springs School District 11 Central Administration, Coronado High School will shift into remote learning on Friday, April 30th and return to in-person learning on Monday, May 10th.
The bell schedule and school calendar remain the same and it is critical that all students continue to access their classes remotely, stay engaged in learning, complete assigned work, and seek support when needed. Seniors’ final exams are as scheduled for May 7th (remote) and May 11th(in-person). May 11th is also the seniors’ last day.
This decision impacts many aspects of our school’s operation. Lunches will be provided curbside in the front parking lot from 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM. Extracurricular activity schedules have changed:
- 4/30-5/9 All Sports & Activities- No practices, games rescheduled pending availability
- 4/30 and 5/1 The Cover of Live (school play)- these shows cancelled
- 5/3 Orchestra Concert- postponed pending scheduling options
- 5/4 Choir Concert- postponed pending scheduling options
- 5/5 Athletics and Performing Signing Day- postponed pending scheduling options
- 5/20 Senior Academic Awards 7:00 PM- (rescheduled from 5/5)
- 5/19 Graduation 9:00 AM- On schedule, on time, Garry Berry Stadium
5/26 Prom 7PM -11PM- (rescheduled from 5/8) Flying W Ranch
See announcement below for details about changes to AP exams.