DIGITAL HIGH SCHOOL TRANSITIONING TO VIRTUAL LEARNING
THE DIGITAL HIGH SCHOOL WILL TRANSITION TO EXCLUSIVE VIRTUAL LEARNING TUESDAY NOVEMBER 17, 2020
Three staff members at Achieve Online and Digital High School have been asked to stay home because of exposure to a positive COVID-19 case. Currently one staff member has tested positive for COVID-19. As part of this public health investigation:
- The staff members who were sent home will remain out of school while they are further evaluated.
- The people who were classmates or close contacts of the staff members who were sent home may be asked to stay home and quarantine if either
- The staff member who was sent home is found to have COVID-19
- OR the evaluation will take longer than four days
Because it is impossible to assess all interactions in a school or workplace and because of the length of time which classes spend together, all classroom members are considered close contacts. Additionally, any colleague/student who was closer than 6 feet for longer than 10 minutes will be considered a close contact.
As we closely monitor these cases we will be transitioning Achieve Online and Digital High School to 100% remote learning starting Tuesday, November 17th through the rest of this semester. Staff will return to school January 4, 2021. Students will be able to return to in-person learning on January 6, 2021.
If you develop symptoms consistent with COVID-19:
- Follow these isolation instructions.
- Have yourself tested.
- Stay home from school/worksite and avoid other activities around other people.
- Notify the school.
- Seek medical care and testing for COVID-19, calling your doctor before you show up.
Under the Healthy Families and Workplaces Act (“HFWA”), an employer must provide paid leave to an employee under certain conditions, including taking care of someone else due to COVID-19 precautions, including a child whose school, place of care, or childcare is closed or unavailable. [https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdle/interpretive-notice-formal-opinions-infos]
If you have further questions, please contact Achieve Online or Digital HS or your local public health agency.