Holmes Pick-up Procedures
Holmes Parents and Guardians,
After observing and directing traffic this week, our administrative team, school and district security, and CSPD school resource officer have developed a plan to address an overall increase in students being picked-up by parents or guardians. Currently, we are coordinating over 300 students leaving campus in this fashion during the span of a 1/2 hour. Unfortunately, this school's traffic design was based around a predominately bus transportation model.
In order to streamline our afternoon pick-up procedures (morning drop-off is not a significant issue), and ensure safety of students around the Holmes campus, we ask for cooperation on the following items:
Note: Please use the attached map as a reference for the traffic flow.
- Vehicles entering the main entrances to campus (Bus Loop and South Lot) will enter using a right turn,
- This means vehicles must use northbound Mesa Road to arrive on campus
- This also includes D11 Bus Transportation
- Vehicles entering the furthest North entrance to campus (Mesa Valley Trail) will be able to enter using a right or left turn
- Vehicles (cars and busses) exiting the Holmes Bus Loop will exit using a right turn onto northbound Mesa Road.
- If the South Lot is full, northbound traffic will be re-directed to the furthest North entrance (Mesa Valley Trail).
- Students should only be picked-up at the Bus Loop, South Lot, or Mesa Valley Trail Lot
- We strongly discourage parking, waiting, and allowing students to get into a vehicle along Mesa Road as it is illegal and a significant safety / traffic hazard.
Finally, we are in contact with city engineers in order to have a traffic review completed and potentially develop other solutions for the Mesa Road entrances.
Thank you for your attention to and cooperation with this procedure.
Anthony Karr, Principal
messages/attachments/cea4d115453d4170ea23a100ad647820/Traffic_Flow_Diagram.pdf (244.4 KB)