Special Education: A Basic Guide for Parents
This article answers the following questions regarding special education:
1. What do I do if I have a concern about my child's progress?
2. How do I ask for special help?
3. What do I do if interventions don't seem to work?
4. What happens during the evaluation?
5. What happens after the evaluation is completed?
6. What happens after the child is determined to be a child with a disability?
7. What if I don't agree with the proposed IEP?
8. What does special education involve?
9. Why does the special education eligibility determination take so long?
10. How can I learn the language of special education?