- Lessons from Dr. Mary Mauzy on the history of garbage, along with the why’s and how’s of composting.
- Lessons on food separation, collecting, and depositing food waste
- Gathering and re-purposing water from the water bottles served at lunch for the composting process, then recycling the water bottles and sporks.
- Keeping track of the amount of food waste we’re composting, and see if it reduces the overall amount of garbage we produce from school lunches.
- Upper Elementary students will be teaching, modeling, and coaching younger students on the process.
We hope that by starting small, we’ll build a sustainable foundation that ultimately becomes a part of the BV fabric. We’re already excited about the growth potential and the opportunities this project provides!
Stay tuned for more details, and opportunities to participate at BV and at home.