WELCOME TO INDUCTION
Induction seeks to increase student achievement by developing teacher efficacy through confidential coaching, collaboration, consultation, and continuous, job-embedded Professional Development.Induction is a state-mandated program that must be completed to apply for Professional Licensure through the Colorado Department of Education (CDE). Teachers and Specialized Service Professionals (SSP) are eligible for the Colorado Springs School District 11 (CSSD11) Induction Program under the following guidelines.To participate in Induction:
- Initial Colorado License REQUIRED
- Not Eligible: Statement of Eligibility, Interim Authorization, or Alternative License
- Employment Status: Must be employed in a public, charter, private school or Head Start program within CSSD11 boundaries
- Eligible: FTE/Contract status (full or part-time)
- Not Eligible: Temporary Worker status (ie: substitute teachers and some interventionists)
PLEASE NOTE: Initial Colorado Licenses are valid for 3 years. CDE allows one Initial License renewal. If Induction is not completed, CDE requires information from CSSD11 to determine if an additional Initial License will be issued.
(Contact Dion Killingsworth, CSSD11 HR).
Lisa Wolf, Induction Coordinator
Linda Sanders, Director of Professional Development
Sue Grosshans, Admin. Assistant
Jim Bartelson, ESP Tng. Coordinator