The Archives and Records Management Center
Hours:8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Thursday8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Friday
Office Phone: (719) 520-2079
Office Fax: (719) 520-2423If you are a student withdrawing from School District 11, or are transferring to another school district, please complete this form: Student WithdrawalThe Archives and Records Management Center is responsible for providing service and support to students, parents, schools, the public, and the administration in the following areas:Historical Records
- District Records - Processing, storing, retention, disclosure, and destruction of all inactive administrative records.
- Student Records - Processing, storing, and destruction of all inactive student records, including permanent records such as transcripts. Responding to requests from school districts, parents, law enforcement agencies, State and Federal government agencies, and high education agencies. To request a record click here: Records Request form (En Espanol).
- Special Education Records - If a student requiring special education services withdrew or graduated from the District five years ago, associated special education records are under evaluation for destruction. If you, as the former student with a disability or the parent of a student with a disability, would like to request access to and/or copies of your records or your child’s records prior to destruction, please contact the Colorado Springs School District 11 Records Management Center at 719-520-2079. If we do not hear from you, those special education records may be permanently destroyed pursuant to the school district’s records retention policy.
Board of Education Policy
- Preserving and maintaining all historical documents of the district, including but not limited to Board of Education minutes, resolutions, administrative reports, district directories, photographs, and school historical libraries.
Colorado Open Records Requests (CORA)Respond to and ensure the District's compliance with the Colorado Open Records Act. Please follow the detailed instructions when submitting your request. The more detail you can provide, the faster the response. Please note there may be fees associated with your CORA requests. Submit your CORA request here.For more information on fees, please see: Regulation KDB-RWe are located at: 870 Babcock Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80915
- Facilitation of the research, development, revision, dispersement of, and legal compliance of Board of Education generated documents. Click here to view the D-11 Board Policy Manual.