Hello Sabin Band Families!
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year! While the start of this school year will be very different than any of us have ever experienced, I know we can still have fun making music together, even if not in person!
I am very excited to welcome all band students to our virtual classrooms beginning Monday, August 24. In order to begin the school year together with all required materials for band, Please follow these steps:
1. Fill out this form ASAP: Band Form
2. Pick up your band book (and school instrument rental, if applicable) at Sabin during Chromebook pick-up. If you are renting your instrument from a local music store, please pick it up before Monday, August 24
3. Go to a local music store with your band class supply list (posted in your band class to the left) to purchase needed items for the school year.
Band Students will be enrolled in band classes according to the following:
- 6th graders who have never been in band = Beginning Band
- 6th graders who played in band for at least one year = Intermediate Band
- 7th graders who are not in the GMP program = Concert Band
- 8th graders AND 7th grade GMP (only) = Symphonic Band
By August 24, every student should have a district provided Chromebook device and be able to get started in their classes. We will start band classes in real time via WebEx meetings on August 24 so have your instrument ready to play, including needed supplies (reeds, cleaning supplies, valve oil, etc). Please click on your band class to the left for the supply list for your band class.
Band Parents: Please pay ALL band fees through MySchoolBucks this year, to the best of your ability. This will be the main form of payment this year as we are trying to reduce the exchange of checks and cash. Please read the attachment for how to set up an account and use MySchoolBucks, if you have not set up an account in the past.