4th and 5th Grade Poetry Contest
The Pikes Peak Library District is offering a poetry contest to Open to all fourth and fifth graders in the Pikes Peak Region. This year's theme is, "Hope is Where the Heart Is: Poems of Inspiration for the Future." Six winners will receive $50 each. Each winner will also receive a book of poetry. Click here to find out more details on how to enter and contest rules. https://ppld.org/poetrycontest
D11 would like to have your input regarding the Facilities Master Plan and the Academic Master Plan. Our goal is to meet student’s academic interests in order to attract and retain students to our district. With your help, we can prioritize building and programming needs for our community.
ENGLISH VERSION: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GL8RSJ8
SPANISH VERSION: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WZ52TKL
Additional Technology Internet Resource - HOT SPOTS
- District 11 is excited to announce an opportunity for over 1,600 families to use a hotspot with free internet service through T-Mobile. T-Mobile’s Project 10Million provided District 11 FREE mobile hotspots with 100GB of data per year for up to five years.
- Each hotspot includes a content filter that is compliant with the Child Internet Protection Act. T-Mobile is working with school districts across the country and has more information posted on their website at this LINK.
- Parents can contact their school. Student and family information will be kept confidential.
- District 11 plans to begin checkout of these devices in the coming weeks with priority given to households with the greatest need.
Need a Little Help with Food for Your Family?
1) Call 211 and ask for a "community navigator" M-F from 8 to 5
2) Text your zip code to 898-211 to find a food bank in your area, the same hours as above,
3) Go online to locate a food pantry at: https://careandshare.org/findfood/
To DONATE to Feeding America, go to FeedingAmerica.org
Your Impact: $1 = 10 meals
ALSO, Saint Patrick Catholic Church has a drive-through Fridays 3:30 to 4:30. No information required; you just need to tell them how big is your family and they will give you a box of food, including milk and bread! 6455 Brook Park Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80918
“D11 is providing free breakfast and lunch meals for any children ages 1-18 during this remote learning time. Parents and guardians may pick up “curbside” breakfast and lunch meals Monday-Friday from 11:00am-12:30pm. On Fridays, breakfast and lunch meals will also be provided for Saturday and Sunday. If your school site is not convenient, please check the D11 website for other locations.”