AP Exam Information
AP students and parents/guardians:
The College Board has changed the AP exam ordering process for the 2019-2020 school year. Some items of note are as follows:
- Exams are now ordered in the Fall.
- Students must decide about taking AP Exams in the Fall, so that the AP coordinator can submit the school’s exam order in a timely fashion. The AP coordinator at Doherty will be placing the exam by no later than October 31st.
- Students will be asked to print and sign their names on a document that indicates whether they intend to "yes" take the AP exam or "no" they do not intend to take the AP exam for any given course.
- It is possible to request an exam after the final deadline until the Spring course orders and Fall order changes deadline (March 13, 2020, 11:59 p.m. ET), but an additional late order fee of $40 per exam will apply.
If a student chooses to cancel an exam or does not take an exam that was ordered for a particular class, then the student will be charged $40 for the particular exam.
Why Participate in Advanced Placement?
With 29 different classes at Doherty, AP offers something for everyone. Here are just a few reasons to sign up:
Gain the Edge in College Preparation
- Get a head start on college-level work.
- Improve your writing skills and sharpen your problem-solving techniques.
- Develop the study habits necessary for tackling rigorous course work.
Stand Out in the College Admissions Process
- Demonstrate your maturity and readiness for college.
- Show your willingness to take the most rigorous courses available to you.
- Emphasize your commitment to academic excellence.
Broaden Your Intellectual Horizons
- Explore the world from a variety of perspectives, most importantly your own.
- Study subjects in greater depth and detail.
- Assume the responsibility of reasoning, analyzing, and understanding for yourself
Current AP Course Offerings at Doherty:
- AP Research
- AP Seminar
- Calculus AB
- Calculus BC
- Computer Science A
- Computer Science Principles
- English Language and Composition
- English Literature and Composition
- Environmental Science
- European History
- French Language and Culture
- German Language and Culture
- Government and Politics (US)
- Human Geography
- Physics 1: Algebra-Based
- Physics 2: Algebra-Based
- Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism
- Physics C: Mechanics
- Spanish Language and Culture
- Studio Art Drawing
- Studio Art 2-D Design
- Studio Art 3-D Design
- US History