Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) in District 11
District 11's Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) is our unified, prevention-based framework for advancing academic and behavioral outcomes while cultivating the social and emotional wellness of every student. MTSS guarantees an ecosystem of equitable practices to meet the unique needs of every individual by optimizing a dynamic, collaborative community of energized educators, engaged students, and supportive partners with a passion for continuous learning.
CORE VALUES OF MTSS
➢ Focus on the Whole Student - We encourage and support each student with developing academic, personal, social, and cultural competencies and applying them intentionally in their lives. Each student is encouraged and supported to actively pursue deeper learning that continually challenges them to grow and achieve their personal best while also innovatively adapting to evolving challenges.
➢ Prevention-Based - We maintain an intentional and sustained focus on high quality tier 1 (core) instruction that is differentiated to meet the unique needs of all learners.
➢ Collective Responsibility, Efficacy, and Impact - We are empowered through a dynamic, collaborative community of energized educators, engaged students, and supportive partners with a passion for continuous learning.
➢ Strategic and Systematic - We focus on quality implementation, continuous improvement, and responsible innovation as we commit and align our actions to a shared understanding of the strategic plan.
MTSS COMPONENTS AND DESCRIPTIONS
1. Culture and Climate - MTSS thrives through healthy relationships, effective communication, equitable practices, and high expectations with actively engaged educators who are committed to improving teaching and learning for the whole student within a system that empowers educators, students, families, and the community.
2. Collaborative Teaming - MTSS thrives through collaborative teams that share leadership, build collective efficacy, and anchor improvement through disciplined inquiry.
3. Family, School, and Community Partnering - MTSS ensures active, engaged partnering among families, schools, and the community to develop the whole student and improve classroom, school, and district outcomes.
4. Multi-Tiered Instruction and Support - MTSS ensures that every student receives equitable multi-tiered instruction and support focused on the whole student that is evidence-based, culturally responsive, and matched to need through tiered layers that increase in intensity.
5. Continuous Improvement - MTSS empowers the application of a consistent process at multiple levels to collect, analyze, and evaluate relevant information to plan and implement strategies that support sustainable improved student and system outcomes.