American Rescue Plan - Elementary and Secondary Schools Emergency Relief
Safe Return to School
1. Plan for Safe Return to In Person Instruction and Continuity of Services
- This information was reviewed on 02/07/2023 and will be reviewed every 6 months and updated as necessary.
- The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment provides infectious disease guidelines, "How Sick is Too Sick" and "Infectious Diseases in Childcare and School Settings".
- Board Meeting Dates can be found here
- Academic needs are met through D11 schools with a variety of options including in-person, online, and opportunity schools.
- Student and Staff Social, Emotional, Mental Health resources can be found here
- Nutrition Services can be found here
2. Layered Prevention Strategies
The most recent Center for Disease Control guidance can be found here
- Board Policy JLCB for Immunization of students can be found here. District 11 Immunization Procedure Flowchart can be found here.
- The District follows the guidance provided by CDC for the following items:
- physical distancing
- screening testing - not provided at school or by school staff
- hand washing and respiratory etiquette
- staying home when sick
- contact tracing - no longer required
- cleaning and disinfection
3. Levels of Community Risk and Phased Prevention
- El Paso County Public Health Data and Analytics can be found here
- Board Policy JLCC addresses Infectious Disease and decision making