D-11 Staff: Click SIGN IN under USER OPTIONS on the top of this page for extended content.
A good story is unforgettable. In today's digitally distracted world, it's easy to forget statistics, facts, a face, a name...but a story will likely stick with you. In Colorado Springs School District 11, there are thousands of stories to be told! Our goal is to share these impactful stories, while enhancing both internal and external communications throughout D11. We share the stories contained in our data, but we also share the stories that humanize our school district! You may read some of these amazing stories of D11 in our Stories Blog (tab on left of this page), or on our social media channels. Have a great story idea to share with us? Click here to share your stories with us.
Just the Functions:
- Provides information to the media, staff and community through a wide-range of methods including social media, the District website and Cable Channel 16/Falcon Broadband Channel 73
- Serves as the liaison between the school district and the community
- Publicizes, recognizes, and rewards employee and student contributions toward increasing achievement
- Increases the communications IQ of the entire district by assisting the staff to recognize their achievement and events of interest to the community and offer support in working with the media
- Helps plan and facilitate District activities and events
- Crisis communications: school and district support, media relations, and communication coordination with external agencies
- Social media
- District branding & marketing
Thank you for letting us tell your stories. It is our pleasure to serve the D11 community through communications.Devra Ashby, M.A., APR
Chief Communications Officer