IMPORTANT Graduation Updates:
Graduation Ceremony- Tuesday May 18, 2021
Garry Berry Stadium
2020 Glenn Summer Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80909
Report to Palmer HS ready to board buses no later than 6:15 am.
Buses will be leaving at 6:20 am.
Seniors will line up for a walk through by 7:05 am.
The graduation ceremony begins at 9:00 am sharp.
Gates open for guests at 7:55 am.
Parents, guardians, and family members will not be allowed on the field at any time. Grad Images Photography will be taking individual pictures of students as they receive their diploma that can be ordered. District 11 will also be filming the ceremony and a DVD can be ordered for $15 from the Palmer High School.
In the event there is severe weather on graduation day, the district will communicate the rescheduling of the ceremony in the same fashion they communicate snow day and or delayed starts. The Palmer webpage will also be updated. In the event there is minor weather (wind, drizzle etc.) the ceremony will continue as scheduled.
All cell phones must be turned off on the field during the graduation ceremony. Members of the audience are encouraged to turn their cell phones off or to vibrate mode to prevent distractions during the ceremony.
Seniors who are not properly dressed will not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony.
No cutoffs, shorts, tennis shoes, flip- flops.
Mortar boards on caps cannot be decorated.
Please plan attire accordingly for Colorado weather and keep in mind that the ceremony is approximately 2 hours.
No adornments other than distinction cords and stoles are allowed to be worn on the cap and gown.
High heels are not recommended as students will be walking on the turf field.
Grad Point Photography is the professional photography that will capture the graduation ceremony along with individual pictures of seniors as they receive their diplomas and an individual picture as they exit the stage.
College Bound Seniors please complete a Final Transcript form or contact Ms. Jordan our Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know where to mail your final transcript.
NOT PARTICIPATING IN GRADUATION
Please contact Ms. Jordan immediately 719-328-5106.
DISTRICT 11 Policies
- Seating at Garry Berry Stadium in first come first served. Gates will open at 7:55 for graduation guests.
- No one other than seniors who are graduating, district personnel participating in the ceremony and contracted photographers will be allowed on the field.
- The only picture taking allowed on the field is performed by District 11’s LRA and professional photographers contracted by the school.
- All cell phones must be turned off on the field during the graduation ceremony. Members of the audience are also encouraged to turn cell phones off or to vibrate mode to prevent distractions during the ceremony.
- No horns, cow bells, or other noisemakers that could prevent others from hearing names being read, speeches, etc.
- No large signs, posters, balloons etc. that will block the view of others.
- Decorating of cap mortar board is not permitted.
- Social distancing and masks are encouraged.