WebEx (virtual meeting) Standards
We rely heavily on WebEx to communicate and it serves as a virtual meeting space much like a classroom in a building. In order to maintain a safe learning environment, respectful and kind behavior standards must be observed. The following standards and norms are in place to foster learning and equity in our virtual learning environments:
- All language and communication will be respectful and appropriate in nature.
- All interactions between students, staff, and community members will be appropriate and necessary.
- All meeting attendees will be dressed appropriately during meetings.
- The functionalities and tools of WebEx are not to be abused or misused. This includes sharing content, chat, Q&A, etc.
- All staff and students will encourage positivity and learning; this includes inviting other students to be more involved, respecting individual and group perspectives, and eliminating distractions to learning.
- Disciplinary practices will encourage and enforce these norms. WebEx Protocols for Students
- Begin each meeting with your camera on and your microphone off. This will reduce audio feedback and confirm that you are in attendance during synchronous learning.
- Students will be oriented with the functions of WebEx as it relates to communicating and engaging with online learning. All meeting attendees will use the functions of WebEx appropriately.
- Students will be ready, on time, to learn and be setup in a functional workspace that allows students to focus on learning.
- Students will be encouraged to participate in synchronous learning activities and ask questions appropriately.
- When the meeting is over, close out the window.