WELCOME TO THE GRANTS DEPARTMENT
1115 N. El Paso Street
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80903Phone: (719) 520-2363Fax: (719) 520-2386Email: email@example.com
The Grants Department exists to assist schools, departments and programs with developing and managing resources to achieve the vision, mission and goals of District 11’s strategic plan.
- Works with staff members who seek funding for programs to develop competitive projects and understand application guidelines
- Supports vetting of projects with other D11 departments to ensure projects are soundly developed, include all necessary costs, align with D11’s ongoing work and are able to be implemented as described.
- Manages the grants approval and submittal process
- Serves as a liaison between major funders and the district
- Educates teachers and staff about grant writing and research
We are the district’s office of grants compliance. The Grants Department is responsible for D11’s Fund 22 – Designated Purpose Grant Funds.
- Trains project directors and other grant-related staff in appropriate federal, state and private grant regulations and guidelines
- Oversees financial and programmatic compliance, including appropriate spenddown, re-budgeting, reporting, etc.
- Supports the annual Single Audit of federal funds