The Human Resources Department is very excited to start another great school year. We are looking for great employees in many areas. If you are interested in exploring our positions, please click on the All Career Opportunities tab.
Join the D11 Team as a Teacher, Special Service Provider (SSP) or Education Support Professional (ESP) staff member and receive a $2,500 hiring bonus!
See details below.
For more information regarding the Teacher & SSP bonus click here.
For more information regarding the ESP bonus click here.
2021 Forbes Best-In-State Employer for Colorado
Colorado Springs School District 11 has been chosen as a 2021 Forbes Best-In-State employer for Colorado.
Forbes partnered with market research company Statista to compile the annual list of America’s Best Employers By State.
The list is divided into 51 rankings—one for each of the 50 states, plus the District of Columbia—and was compiled by surveying 80,000 Americans working for businesses with at least 500 employees. Surveys were conducted on a rolling basis from October 2020 to June 2021.
Come join our amazing D11 team!
2019 Gazette Best Workplaces
School District 11 was ranked among the 2019 Gazette Best Workplaces!
The companies nominated for this honor were selected based on a survey of employees measuring qualities such as company leadership, training, workplace flexibility, diversity and social responsibility.
There were 1,000 local companies invited to participate in the program, 140 that were nominated for the survey, 104 that took the survey and 68 named top workplaces.
School District 11 was selected the second place recipient in the category, “Extra Large Companies, 299+ Employees,” among ten other exceptional extra large companies. In first place was the Pikes Peak Library District and in third place was UCCS.
SLOAN AWARD WINNER
The goal of District 11 Human Resources Department is to attract, develop and retain a diverse, skilled and motivated high performing team of individuals who are leaders committed to increase student achievement. The Sloan Award is awarded to employers that show a dedication to workplace effecitiveness and flexibility. Our Human Resources staff provides committed customer service and information to more than 3,000 District 11 employees and the public.
Colorado Springs School District 11 Human Resources Vision and Mission Statement
Mission – Our purpose: What we want our students to leave us with.
The Human Resources Department supports Colorado Springs District 11’s mission of empowering the whole student to profoundly impact our world by recruiting, employing, and supporting an exceptionally qualified, engaged and diverse workforce.
Mission Impacts – How we will know we are moving toward our mission.
The Human Resource Department will:
- Strive to be a district of choice for employment throughout the Pikes Peak Region.
- Use adaptive and evolving techniques in hiring and fill the needs of positions with qualified candidates who strive to impact students.
Vision – What our future will look like.
The Human Resource Department’s vision is to support the dynamic, collaborative community of energized educators and supportive partners with a passion for continuous learning.
Strategies – The most critical work needed to move toward our mission.
In pursuit of our mission and mission impact the Human Resources Department is:
- Committed to work to innovate and adapt to the evolving workforce.
- Committed to enhance relationships and services with employees, supervisors, stakeholders, employee groups and leaders, through collaboration, communication, employee engagement and job satisfaction initiatives.
- Committed to proactively recruit, retain, and ensure the success of a diverse, qualified and committed workforce.
- Committed to focus resources to develop initiatives making salaries competitive in the market for Teachers, Educational Support Personnel, and Executive Professionals.
- Committed to being leaders who foster relationships with all employees that are respectful and focused on the value each person brings to D11 while providing recognition and honest feedback.
Strategic Delimiters – Things that have tripped us up in the past and we commit not to do going forward.
The Human Resource Department will not:
- Allow past practices to be the measure of future performance and ideas.
- Avoid conflict or difficult conversations, nor engage in problem solving through the lens of blame.
- Engage in initiatives that are misaligned with our mission.