Bill Dowdle School Social Worker
What an intense time we are living in! I want you all to be safe and healthy. Do all the recommended safety precautions...don't blow them off! Your teachers will have assignments listed in the near future. I will be available to help you, as well, if there are items you have difficulty with. Please contact me at 719-322-7412 should you need anything.
If you can text me or one of your teachers your phone/text number, it would be greatly appreciated! Again, my number is 719-322-7412.
Another item - if you have free or reduced lunch through the school district, the Wasson campus has bagged lunches for pick-up during the week (11:00 am to 12:30 pm).
Thank you, wonderful Bijou students...looking forward to seeing you again!
Goals for High Schoolers in the Social/Emotional Area
includes the ability to:
• See the connections between current tasks and their personal goals and interests; reflect on their personal aspirations, goals, and objectives (self-awareness).
• Develop skills for focusing attention, managing stress and anxiety, and accomplishing goals in order to effectively participate in classroom learning (self-management).
• Develop empathy and perspective-taking in their thinking processes (social awareness).
• Develop speaking and listening skills for presentations and learn to collaborate in groups where they are encouraged to consider the perspectives and thought processes of their peers (relationship skills).
• Use oral, artistic, and written expression to reflect on choices and goals as a way of developing strong decision-making skills (responsible decision-making).
Check out the Community Resources by clicking on the link below. If there are other resources needed than what are listed, please contact me at 719-322-7412, so I can explore those needs with you.
Parents and Students: Feel free to contact me should you have any questions or have any needs that you feel are not being addressed.