JOHN ADAMS ELEMENTARY
Integral Part of the Community:
- Nearly 200 Families are supported annually over the holidays from John Adams Elementary.
- Bagels are delivered weekly to a new site on behalf of John Adams Elementary.
- School provides food baskets for families in need on a regular basis.
- Community Garden.
- Regular Community Events happening at John Adams Elementary including Art and Music experiences, literacy, technology, science, and math parent events, community BBQ’s, and playground activities.
- T-shirt Program.
Unlimited Opportunities for Students:
- We partner with the Catamount Institute to provide science-based environmental education programs to our 2nd-5th Grade Students.
- After school enrichment opportunities for students. Kids on Bikes, Kindness Club, STEAM, Sports Challenge, LEGO Club, Student Council, Scouts.
- Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Program: 3rd - 5th Grade students are give the opportunity to meet in a weekly program geared to improve discipline, focus, self-confidence, and perseverance.
- Up to date resources: STEAM Lab, 1:1 iPads and Chromebooks, Promethean Panels, Apple TV’s, ActiveConnects, Flexible Seating.
- Summer Bridge hosted by John Adams Elementary.
Social and Emotional Support is a priority at John Adams.
- Social Worker and a School Counselor to support a Comprehensive Student Support Model.
- All students receive a social and emotional curriculum: Random Acts of Kindness.
- Year 4 of implementing Capturing Kids Hearts. 100% of staff trained in CKH.
- Strong school-wide PBIS system.
- Site visit for the National School Board Association (NASB) during National Convention in Denver.
- Hosted a National Promethean Summit.
- Three Time National Capturing Kids Hearts Showcase School.
- Back to back Teacher Crystal Apple Awards Winners: 2017, 2018, and 2020.