JOHN ADAMS ELEMENTARY
Integral Part of the Community:
- Nearly 200 Families are supported annually over the holidays from John Adams Elementary
- Bagels are delivered weekly to a new site on behalf of John Adams Elementary
- Partnership with Fort Carson soldiers
- School provides food baskets for families in need on a regular basis.
- Community Garden
- Regular Community Events happening at John Adams Elementary including Art and Music experiences, literacy, technology, science, and math parent events, community BBQ’s, and playground activities.
- T-shirt Program.
Unlimited Opportunities for Students:
- One of only three schools in the Pikes Peak region to partner with the Catamount Institute to provide science-based environmental education programs to our 2nd-5th Grade Students
- After school enrichment opportunities for students, with free dinner, and an enrichment bus to allow access for all. Kids on Bikes, Kindness Club, Chess, STEAM, Sports Challenge, Basketball Team, Soccer Team, LEGO Club, Student Council, Choir, Scouts, Lion King Production
- Beyond the School Bell Program: 50 students participate in a free after school program that provides educational opportunities, exercise, arts, and a free dinner program.
- Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Program: 30 students are give the opportunity to meet in a weekly program geared to improve discipline, focus, self-confidence, and perseverance.
- Up to date resources: STEAM Lab, 1:1 iPads, Promethean Panels, Apple TV’s, ActiveConnects, Flexible Seating
- Summer Enrichment Series hosted by John Adams Elementary
- Caring Kids Crew
Social and Emotional Support is a priority at John Adams.
- Social Worker and a school counselor to support a Comprehensive Student Support Model.
- All students receive a social and emotional curriculum: Random Acts of Kindness
- Year 2 of implementing Capturing Kids Hearts. 100% of staff trained in CKH.
- Strong school-wide PBIS system. Trained bus drivers in PBIS as well.
- Peace Path for students to work out conflict
- Site visit for the National School Board Association (NASB) during National Convention in Denver
- Hosted a National Promethean Summit
- National Capturing Kids Hearts Showcase School Nominee
- Back to back Teacher Crystal Apple Awards Winners: 2017 & 2018
- 2 Promethean Spotlight Teachers