Equity Audit Focus Groups
D11’s equity audit consultants the American Institute for Research (AIR) are seeking to conduct focus groups for parents, students, and staff. D11 needs your support. This is a chance for everyone to tell their story as it pertains to D11 and the work of equity. If you think you would like to speak with our equity consultants, please send an email to Alexis.Knox-Miller@d11.org containing the following information:
First and Last Name
School your child attends
Grade of student
Special status of student (ELL, SPED, FRL,
Race of parent
Thank you for all you do to support the district!
Additional Technology Internet Resource - HOT SPOTS
- District 11 is excited to announce an opportunity for over 1,600 families to use a hotspot with free internet service through T-Mobile. T-Mobile’s Project 10Million provided District 11 FREE mobile hotspots with 100GB of data per year for up to five years.
- Each hotspot includes a content filter that is compliant with the Child Internet Protection Act. T-Mobile is working with school districts across the country and has more information posted on their website at this LINK.
- Parents must opt into this opportunity by completing this FORM or by contacting their school. Student and family information will be kept confidential.
- District 11 plans to begin checkout of these devices in the coming weeks with priority given to households with the greatest need. If you have any questions, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need a Little Help with Food for Your Family?
1) Call 211 and ask for a "community navigator" M-F from 8 to 5
2) Text your zip code to 898-211 to find a food bank in your area, the same hours as above,
3) Go online to locate a food pantry at: https://careandshare.org/findfood/
To DONATE to Feeding America, go to FeedingAmerica.org
Your Impact: $1 = 10 meals
ALSO, Saint Patrick Catholic Church has a drive-through Fridays 3:30 to 4:30. No information required; you just need to tell them how big is your family and they will give you a box of food, including milk and bread! 6455 Brook Park Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80918
FREE DECEMBER FOOD DISTRIBUTIONS
“D11 is providing free breakfast and lunch meals for any children ages 1-18 during this remote learning time. Parents and guardians may pick up “curbside” breakfast and lunch meals Monday-Friday from 11:00am-12:30pm. On Fridays, breakfast and lunch meals will also be provided for Saturday and Sunday. If your school site is not convenient, please check the D11 website for other locations.”