Contact: Palmer NHS Sponsor
Name: Michael Chamberlin
Office: 301 N Nevada AVE Colorado Springs, CO 80903
President - Takaya Montez De Oca
Vice President - Zoe Huesgen Hobbs
Secretary - Shannon Howarth
Treasurer - Jillian Lange
Historian - Rebecca Frazer
Our mission is to promote academic excellence, to encourage service to others, and to promote leadership
Next meeting: Wednesday, April 5 (new officer elections)
Attendance at the meetings is a requirement for membership. If you cannot attend a meeting for school-related reasons (e.g. - a soccer game, not practice), contact Mr. Chamberlin at least one day before the meeting. Failure to inform Mr. Chamberlin about your absence prior to the meeting will result in an unexcused absence for that meeting. NHS members are allowed a maximum of one unexcused absence per school year.
Officers normally meet a week prior to the general assembly meeting.
Membership in NHS has its requirements:
1) Maintain at least a 3.6 overall GPA (weighted). If your GPA falls below 3.6 you will will be placed on NHS Probation and have one semester to bring is back up to 3.6 to remain in NHS.
2) Dues. $15 paid at the Palmer Business Office. If you cannot afford the dues, see Mr. Chamberlin in room 222.
3) Attend monthly meetings. One unexcused meeting will result in NHS Probation. More than one unexcused meeting will result in a Dismissal Hearing. If you need to be absent from a meeting (doctor appointment, sport game - not practice, etc.), contact Mr. Chamberlin (email@example.com) prior to the meeting.
4) Service Projects - Fall & Spring Semesters: 1) Service projects will be in conjunction with monthly meetings. If you are unable to attend the meeting, and thus the associated service project, you can make-up up your absence the following day during lunch in the second floor library. 2) In addition to the service projects tied to monthly meetings, you need one independent service project per semester.
You will need to take a selfie while participating in your service projects - used to keep track of your service requirements, but also used for the annual scrapbook. Instructions will be given at the September meeting.
To keep track of these requirements, GPA, meeting attendance, dues, and community service will be tracked within the NHS Schoology Class - implemented after the September meeting.
Bylaws are the governing rules and regulations of the Palmer NHS Chapter and its members. Bylaws were updated and approved by the Faculity Council in December, 2018.
Service Projects (Individual)
The service projects listed below are not required. However, these projects need volunteers, so it would be great if you could help out.
1) NHS Induction Ceremony - completed.
This website contains the basic information about the Palmer Chapter of the National Honor Society and a list of volunteer opportunities. Further communication is via Remind (send code @cekgkh to 81010 to sign up), email, and occasionally text.