2nd Grade – Mrs. Slothower, Mrs. Barnett, & Mrs. Cousino
Empowering 2nd Graders to Write Their Own Stories
What do we focus on in 2nd grade?
- Hands-on, minds-on explorations in math.
- Meeting students where they are at, and fostering a self-guided love for reading and writing.
- Readers and Writer’s Workshop Model
- Sharing self-composed poetry and reader’s theatre performance at the end-of-year VIP Tea.
- Learning the community, neighborhood and city through walking field trips. We discover local history, people, architecture, and love visits from guests, Pikes Peak Librarians, and we love our historic Holiday Home Tour.
- Immersing students in games food, crafts, and stories from the past.