The Advanced Placement (AP) program at Palmer High School offers a number of challenging, interesting and relevant courses for students in 2018-19. AP can change your life. Through college-level AP courses, you enter a universe of knowledge that might otherwise remain unexplored in high school; through AP Exams, you have the opportunity to earn credit or advanced standing at most of the nation's colleges and universities. Public universities in the state of Colorado generally offer credit for AP exam scores of 3-4-5 (varies at each university).
Why Participate?With 11 different classes at Palmer, AP offers something for everyone. Here are just a few reasons to sign up:
Gain the Edge in College Preparation
- Get a head start on college-level work.
- Improve your writing skills and sharpen your problem-solving techniques.
- Develop the study habits necessary for tackling rigorous course work.
Stand Out in the College Admissions Process
- Demonstrate your maturity and readiness for college.
- Show your willingness to take the most rigorous courses available to you.
- Emphasize your commitment to academic excellence.
Broaden Your Intellectual Horizons
Current AP Courses taught at Palmer 2018-19:AP United States HistoryAP Human GeographyAP PsychologyAP United States Government and PoliticsAP MicroeconomicsAP English Language and CompositionAP English Literature and CompositionAP StatisticsAP Calculus ABAP Ch??emistryAP Studio Art
- Explore the world from a variety of perspectives, most importantly your own.
- Study subjects in greater depth and detail.
- Assume the responsibility of reasoning, analyzing, and understanding for yourself
Additonal information about AP scores and Colorado public universities: ?Colorado_Standard_AP_Exam_Credit_and_Cut_Scores.pdf ?
Students: for more information: AP Students
Parents: for more information: AP for Parents
for more information on student accomodations: Students with disabilities