During the school year, North sends weekly home-connection emails to North families.
This page contains the content and attached files from the latest home-connection email sent.
If you are having trouble or with or wish to subscribe/unsubscribe to Weekly North Middle School home contact emails or texts, please adjust your setting on the District 11 Loop.
Sunday, March 8, 2020
- PLEASE NOTE: Students are expected to be out of the building by 4:00 each day. They may ONLY be inside the building if they are with an adult supervisor of a sponsored after-school activity. Students in the halls after 4:00pm without passes from a current supervisor will be escorted out. The school’s MAIN DOORS are locked at 4:30 each day.
- Did you remember to set your clock AHEAD an hour?
- BOYS’ TRACK BEGINS WEDNESDAY. A current sports physical must be on file and a new blue card turned in before athletes will be allowed to join practice.
- SPRING SOCCER STARTS MARCH 16. Turn orange spring soccer forms in to Mr. Groth.
Monday, March 9
- NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS – STAFF WORK DAY
- Volleyball A&B 8:00am – 9:30am.
Tuesday, March 10
- NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS – DATA DAY
Wednesday, March 11 (North)
- HEALTH SCREENING
- Steinberg Peter Pan trip
- SOCCER PARENT/GUARDIAN MTG, 4:00 in Rm 159.
- BOYS’ TRACK BEGINS. A current sports physical must be on file and a new blue card turned in before athletes will be allowed to join practice
- Before school: Learning Center, 7:30-8:15; NJHS
- After-school: SOCCER PARENT/GUARDIAN MTG, 4:00; Into the Woods cast party; Craft Club; Forensics; FULL Marching Band; Young Artists; Boys’ Track; Volleyball A&B
Thursday, March 12 (Viking)
- HEALTH SCREENING
- PTO, 5:30pm
- VOLLEYBALL PARENT/GUARDIAN MTG, 5:45pm
- Career Pathways here at 8th lunch to talk to students
- Before school: Learning Center, 7:30-8:15; Yearbook;
- After school FULL Marching Band; Homework Club; Math Tutoring Rm. 238; Pride Club; Boys’ Track; Volleyball A&B; VOLLEYBALL PARENT/GUARDIAN MTG, 5:45pm
Friday March 13 (North)
- Q3 Report cards go home with students
- Before school: Volleyball B, 7:00am; Learning Center, 7:30-8:15; Anime Club
- After-school: Poetry Slam/Karaoke, 4-5:30; FULL Marching Band; Boys’ Track; Volleyball A
Saturday March 14
- Patrick’s Day Parade 12 noon; FULL Marching Band. COME SUPPORT OUR MARCHING VIKINGS!
This year we had two students receive awards at the 2020 Pikes Peak Regional History Day. They are…
- Junior Individual Performance 1st Place: Amelia Chavez (8th grade), “Frida Kahlo: Breaking Barriers in Queer, Disabled, and Feminist Communities Through Art”. Amelia qualifies to go to the state level competition in Denver on May 2 at the CU Auraria Campus
- Special recognition: Women in History; Cami Wolkow (6th grade)
- Flagline.com Young Scientist Jr. Award
- 8th grade students – Career Pathways will be here Thursday during lunch with information on their HS program
- Volleyball C will begin March 17th, practicing Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 – 7:30pm. Matches will be held Saturday mornings.
- As we get closer to the end of the school year, student future tracks for our 8th grade students become a very big issue. The district process is:
- Peggy, our registrar, will wait to change a student’s future track until she receives an e mail from the registrar at the school for which the permit has been approved. We know that students and parents want to see the change right away, but again, we have been asked to wait for the confirmation process to be complete before any changes are made at North. Please rest assured that changes will be taken care of as soon as possible.
- SPRING BREAK is March 23 – 27.
- Click here to learn how to collect Boxtops for Education points for North’s PE program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWuXDKejVEg&feature=youtu.be . We appreciate your help!
- FREE LAUNDRY FACILITIES! Contact Mr. Weickum or Mrs. Eggleston to use the North laundry room (we have detergent for you) OR to arrange a drop off and we’ll have it clean for you by the end of the day!
Archive of Attachments Sent with Home Connect Emails During 2019-2020 School Year
This archive will save all attachments sent home with Home Connect emails.
- Colorado Springs School District 11 Calendar for 2019-2020 (Spanish) (August 11, 18)
- Cell Phone Policy Poster & Cell Phone Policy as Explained (August 18, 25, Jan. 5)
- Picture Day (August 18)
- Bell Schedule Final (August 18, 25)
- YMCA After School Program (August 25, September 1, 8, 15) Updated & Reposted (Dec. 15, Jan. 5, 12)
- Basketball Flyer (Sept. 8, 15)
- BDF Building Advisory Committee (Sept. 15, 22)
- Laundry (Sept. 22, 29, Oct. 6, 13, 20, 27, Jan. 5, 12)
- North Shirts (Sept. 22, 29, Oct. 6)
- Conferences & Conferences Spanish (Sept. 22, 29, Oct. 6, 13, 20)
- Butter Braids (Sept. 22, 29, Oct. 6, 13, 20, 27, Nov. 3)
- Focus on Academics (Sept. 29, Oct. 6)
- Palmer Shadowing Info (Oct. 13, 20, 27, Nov. 3)
- Marijuana and your child (Oct. 13, 20)
- Pre-AP Info (Oct. 27, Nov. 3)
- Karaoke & Poetry Night (Oct. 27, Nov. 3)
- AVID & Avalanche (Oct. 27, Nov. 3)
- STEAM Night (Oct. 27, Nov. 3, 10)
- Wreaths Across America (Nov. 3, 10, 17, Dec. 1, Dec. 8)
- Thanksgiving Food Drive (Nov. 3, 10, 17)
- PRIDE Club (Nov. 3, 10, 17)
- New Security Letter (Nov. 10)
- Middle School Chess Tournament (Nov. 17, Dec. 1)
- Poetry and Karaoke Dec. 6 (Dec. 1)
- North Family Tree (Dec. 1, Dec. 8, Dec. 15)
- North Christmas Food Drive (Dec. 1, Dec. 8, Dec. 15)
- Hand Washing-Dr. Will & Hand Washing CDC (Dec. 8, Dec. 15, Jan. 5, 12)
- Flu-2019 & Flu-CDC Dec. 8, Dec. 15, Jan. 5, 12)
- Homework Club (Jan. 5, 12, 26)
- Career Conversations 1 & 2 (Jan. 26)
- Pancake Breakfast (Jan. 26, Feb. 2, Feb. 9)
- Flu Home Remedies & Wash Hands (Feb. 2, Feb. 9)
- Sac Training Agenda & SAC Info (Feb. 2)
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet (Feb. 16, March 8)
- Into the Woods (Feb. 23, March 1)
- Flower Power Dance (Feb. 23)
- Pancake Breakfast 2nd Time (March 1)
- Coronado Wrestling (March 8)