During the school year, North sends weekly home-connection emails to North families.
This page contains the content and attached files from the latest home-connection email sent.
If you are having trouble or with or wish to subscribe/unsubscribe to Weekly North Middle School home contact emails or texts, please adjust your setting on the District 11 Loop.
Sunday, December 9, 2018
Good afternoon North families. Our new Visitor check-in is designed only for tracking visitors who enter our building andis NOT a replacement for authorization to pick up students. WE STILL NEED TO SEE YOUR PHOTO ID IN ORDER TO PICK UP YOUR CHILD. Thanks. Now, here are your updates for the week.
Monday, December 10:
- Before school: Girls’ Bball A Squad NO PRACTICE
- Girls’ Bball HOME vs Swigert
- After-school: Chess Club; Math Tutoring Rm. 238; Public Achievement
Tuesday, December 11
- Girls’ Bball HOME vs TBA
- Before school: Dodgeball; Leadership
- After-school: Homework Club; Math Tutoring Rm. 230; Writing Center; Girls’ Bball District Classic pre-lims
- Evening: ORCHESTRA CONCERT AT NORTH MS
Wednesday, December 12
- Before school:
- If your student is interested in going on a trip to Washington DC the first week of summer break, please contact Mr. Quinn in Rm. 232, or plan to attend the after-school meeting @ 6:00pm.
- Lunches: Battle of the Books
- After-school: Debate Club; Young Artists Club; Bike Club; Mexican Dance Club;
Thursday, December 13 HOLIDAY FOOD AND GIFT COLLECTION
- Before school: Dodgeball
- After-school: Drama Club; Writing Center; Homework Club; Pretty Brainy Girls; Girls’ Basketball Banquet OR pre-lim play
- Evening: ALL BANDS CONCERT AT PALMER HS
Friday, December 14 HOLIDAY FOOD AND GIFT COLLECTION
- PANTRY open 2-4:30pm
- Before school: Anime Club
Saturday, December 15
- Girls’ Basketball Classic Finals
In case you haven’t noticed, North boasts an excellent music program.!
Selected for Pikes Peak Honors Orchestra
Corinna Dozier (8th)
Journey Kelly (6th)
Genevieve Morrison (8th)
Samuel Travis (6th)
Selected for D11 Honor Band
Moira Blanton (7th)
Elisa Cervantes (8th)
Amelia Chavez (7th)
Gunnar Fritz (8th)
- Not only is school in session through next Wednesday, December 19, it is ALSO the END of Semester 1. If you will be leaving early, contact each teacher to make sure your student has finished all final exams and, of course, PLEASE let the Attendance Office know! (If the student will miss 4 or more school days, stop by Attendance to complete an Extended Absence form.)
- Concerts NEXT week: Jazz Band on the 17th; Choir on the 18th.
- Mr. Moore’s Egypt Projects are due the 17th & 18th.
- Mr. Quinn is looking for families that would be interested in their student traveling to Washington DC in June. Contact him for details, or come to the Information Meeting Wednesday at 6pm in room 232.
- THE PUSH IS ON! For Christmas we try to provide families who need help with not only a food basket, but also at least one gift per child in the household. The North Family Tree is up in the IB Office with tags that indicate each child’s age, gender and some gift ideas. Purchase the item(s) you want to provide, and then bring the UNWRAPPED gift back to the IB Office in a holiday gift bag with the tag SECURELY taped/stapled/tied to the bag. DO NOT WRAP THE GIFTS – we just have to unwrap them when they get here. Donations of gift wrap or bags will be much appreciated.
- 8th graders - there is an application process for any student interested in taking one or more Honors classes at Palmer. Come to the IB office to pick up your paperwork and talk to Mrs. Brewer about your options.
- Palmer Shadowing. Call now – the slots are filling up very quickly! Palmer Shadow appointments are available ONLY from January 14, 2019 through February 15, 2019, EXCLUDING WEDNESDAYS. To schedule a Shadow, the PARENT/GUARDIAN must call ahead of time. Due to the limited number of available times, we are not able to accommodate same-day requests, and you may NOT Shadow twice. One Shadow per escort. Missed appointments will not be re-scheduled. Palmer’s 9th & 10th grades are structured the same as North, with a grade level track and an honors track. For Grade Level appointments call: Nikki Vinci at 328-5011. For Honors appointments call: Sally Kelly at 328-5073.
- 8th Grade transition to high school begins in January. Students MUST INITIALLY REGISTER FOR THEIR HOME HIGH SCHOOL. An approved Choice Permit IS REQUIRED in order to attend a different school than your assigned one, and several of our high schools fill up their available openings very quickly. That means the sooner you complete and turn in the permit, the better your chances are of being approved. Regarding Palmer: Acceptance to honors classes IS NOT THE SAME as having your permit approved – students need BOTH.
- Cold weather is here! Students WILL go outside at lunchtime unless the wind chill is 16˚ or lower, or there is heavy precipitation actively falling. Make sure they have proper outdoor gear
Archive of Attachments Sent with Home Connect Emails During 2018-2019 School Year
This archive will save all attachments sent home with Home Connect emails.
- 2018-2019 School District 11 Calendar (English & Spanish)
- Boxtops for Education Products List
- 9th Grade Honors Packet for 2018-2019 School Year
- Bed Bug Info
- CDPHE Vaping Info Youth Advisory
- Conference Instructions (Spanish)
- Fall Semester Activities
- Kids on Bikes
- Late Fall Semester Activities
- Lice Information
- New Student Logon Information
- North Shirt Flyer
- Picture Retake Information
- SAC Training Flyer
- Thanksgiving Food Drive
- Wreaths Across America
- Wrestling Class Schedule
- Veterans' Day Information
- Panda Fundraiser Nov. 18
- Christmas Food Drive
- North Family Tree
- Children's Programs at Pikes Peak Library
- Deliveries Notice