During the school year, North sends weekly home-connection emails to North families.
This page contains the content and attached files from the latest home-connection email sent.
If you are having trouble or wish to subscribe/unsubscribe to Weekly North Middle School home contact emails or texts, please adjust your setting on the District 11 Loop.
November 15, 2020
Good afternoon North families,
• North Middle School will move to remote learning beginning right after the Thanksgiving Break until the Winter Break. Students will return to in-person learning Wednesday, January 6th. More information is available at d11.org.
• Curbside grab and go meals will still be available from 11:00am to 12:30pm at select school sites for breakfasts and lunches. Please visit the D11 website for details.
• Parents, read the At-Home Symptom Screening Tool for Families. Please keep your child at home if he/she or anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms; awaiting the results of a COVID test; or have tested positive for COVID.
• The next National Junior Honor Society meeting is this upcoming Wednesday, November 18th at 4:30 PM. Check the Schoology group page for the WebEx link.
• Thanksgiving Break will be November 21st through November 28th. While we may not all be able to celebrate together, it’s still a good time to rest and reflect on things for which we can be thankful.
• The Choice Open Enrollment Window for 2021-2022 opened November 2nd and will run through February 13th. The electronic form is available now at d11.org
• Did you know North’s Library has E books and audio books available? For more information on how to access them, visit https://www.d11.org/domain/983
Students can still place North Library books on hold during Remote Learning. Mr. Rapp and/or Mr. Adkison will pull the book and have it ready to hand out. We will either place the book with grab and go lunches, or we will have the book ready to be picked up at a time we can arrange with student and families. We will communicate about this process using student email.
In addition, students can access materials including e-Books and placing books on hold at the Pikes Peak Library. All North students have a POWER PASS. To use the Power Pass online, use the following:
User ID = your District 11 USERNAME (not the email address but the username).
Password = Your BIRTHDATE (month & day – 2 numbers for month, 2 numbers for day).
More information at this link: (https://www.d11.org/PowerPass).
Email Mr. Adkison Timothy.email@example.com or Mr.Rapp Brian.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
• Sponsor a Wreath – Deadline for online orders is November 30th. We can continue to accept cash donations until December 15th. For more information, see attached flyer.
Have a good evening,
North Middle School