During the school year, North sends weekly home-connection emails to North families.
This page contains the content and attached files from the latest home-connection email sent.
If you are having trouble or wish to subscribe/unsubscribe to Weekly North Middle School home contact emails or texts, please adjust your setting on the District 11 Loop.
North Notes 2021-05-23
- All Chromebooks AND Chargers are to be returned May 24th – May 28th:
- 8th graders
- May 24th in the afternoon for in-person students only
- May 26th and 27th from 11-1, a drop off site will be set up outside, for online and quarantined students. Students will receive their t-shirt at that time.
- 7th graders – May 25th in the morning
- 6th graders – May 25th in the afternoon
- Online students - May 26th and 27th from 11-1, a drop off site will be set up outside.
- May 28th - 8-4 for anyone who missed their assigned date/time.
- If computer and charger are not turned in, you will be charged.
- Charger- $40.00
- Computer and charger- $243.00
- May 26th - 8th Grade Celebration Parade 10-11 – ALL 8th grade students are invited to participate. Enter from El Paso, going west on Yampa. All students and parents must remain in their own vehicles.
- Free Food Distribution will continue over the summer on alternate Thursdays at Mitchell High School. A vaccine clinic will also be included (English link), (Spanish link).
- HELP YOUR SCHOOL BY APPLYING FOR SCHOOL MEALS Free and Reduced Meal applications help fund your school. If you qualify, you may be eligible for Pandemic EBT benefits this spring. See the attachment for details.
- Hazel Health has a monthly newsletter with health tips and resources available in English and Spanish. (English Link), (Spanish Link)
- You can access student health services over summer break with our partner, Hazel Health! Video chat with a Hazel medical provider from home about your health questions, Monday-Friday from 8 am to 3 pm. Go to my.hazel.co/d11 to sign in or schedule a visit. If you have any questions, please visit hazel.co/pages/faq or contact us at (719) 350-3737.
- Football Open Registration is May 10 – July 16. See the attached flyer for details.
- Parents, please ensure that your address, phone, and email information is correct in Q Parent Connection. You may call the main office (719-328-2400) if you require assistance.
- Students are not allowed to receive food deliveries by Door Dash, Grub Hub, or any other delivery service. Only parents may bring outside food to the school, and only for their child. Students may not share food with other students.
- Parents - if you need to have your student excused early, please contact the attendance office with as much notice as possible, and we will do our best to accommodate you. A minimum of 15-20 minutes would allow for the most successful outcome. Your consideration is appreciated.
- Please have your student check the Lost and Found in the cafeteria for any missing clothing, water bottles, etc.
- Final report cards for quarter 4 will be viewable in Q no later than June 1st.
- Mrs. Bricker's class will be playing the Mayan Ball Game on Monday May 24th. For those online students, please log-in to the WebEx meeting immediately so that attendance can be taken before the game starts. For those attending in person, please wear appropriate footwear, i.e., tennis shoes or some similar shoe that will allow you to kick a soccer ball.
- Students have multiple opportunities to participate in programs over the summer. Go to the D11 home page to access information on peachjar. Activities include a 4-day camp to explore what cyber heroes do, a Middle School Art Contest, a Middle School Essay Contest, and much more!
- Have a great summer! We look forward to seeing you back in school on August 16th.