During the school year, North sends weekly home-connection emails to North families.
This page contains the content and attached files from the latest home-connection email sent.
If you are having trouble or wish to subscribe/unsubscribe to Weekly North Middle School home contact emails or texts, please adjust your setting on the District 11 Loop.
North Notes 2021-05-09
- NJHS Induction Ceremony is scheduled for May 11th at 6:00 PM. The ceremony will be live-streamed, and a WebEx link will be available on the North Home Page. If you have any questions, please email Mr. Groth at email@example.com.
- Students have opportunities to participate in various programs over the summer. Go to the D11 home page to access information on peachjar. Activities include a 4-day camp to explore what cyber heroes do, a Middle School Art Contest, a Middle School Essay Contest, and much more!
- The due date for all library books is May 12th.
- All Chromebooks are to be returned May 24th – May 26th:
* 8th graders – May 24th in the afternoon
* 7th graders – May 25th in the morning
* 6th graders – May 25th in the afternoon
* Online students will drop off May 26th
- The North Middle School food pantry is open every Friday from 3:00-4:00 PM. Parents, please contact Connie Rogers at 328-2452 to arrange for your child to pick up food pantry items or to make other arrangements.
- Free Food Distribution will continue over the summer on alternate Thursdays at Mitchell High School. A vaccine clinic will also be included (English link), (Spanish link).
- HELP YOUR SCHOOL BY APPLYING FOR SCHOOL MEALS Free and Reduced Meal applications help fund your school. If you qualify, you may be eligible for Pandemic EBT benefits this spring. See the attachment for details.
- Hazel Health has a monthly newsletter with health tips and resources available in English and Spanish. (English Link), (Spanish Link)
- Students are not allowed to receive food deliveries by Door Dash, Grub Hub, or any other delivery service. Only parents may bring outside food to the school, and only for their child. Students may not share food with other students.
- Parents, please ensure that your address, phone, and email information is correct in Q Parent Connection. You may call the main office (719-328-2400), if you require assistance.
- Parents - if you need to have your student excused early, please contact the attendance office with as much notice as possible, and we will do our best to accommodate you. A minimum of 15-20 minutes would allow for the most successful outcome. Your consideration is appreciated.
- Please have your student check the Lost and Found in the cafeteria for any missing clothing, water bottles, etc.
Please note the following schedule gives times students should report to class -- whether online or present. While we remain in online only learning, students should still follow the times for classes.