During the school year, North sends weekly home-connection emails to North families.
This page contains the content and attached files from the latest home-connection email sent.
If you are having trouble or with or wish to subscribe/unsubscribe to Weekly North Middle School home contact emails or texts, please adjust your setting on the District 11 Loop.
Sunday, February 16, 2020
Q3 progress reports went home with students on Friday. Be prepared - each 3rd quarter we generally see an across the board drop in student marks. Since this is mid-quarter, everyone has plenty of time to get caught up. Use your Parent Connect portal (or your student’s Student Portal) to go through the class assignments and figure out what needs to be done to bring grades up. If you have questions, email the teacher! All staff emails are listed under the Staff Directory tab under Contacts.
NO SCHOOL on Monday (Presidents’ Day)
Boys Bball this week: Weds: A Squad 3:50 – 6pm; B Squad: 7-8:30am
Fri – Sat: B Squad Tournament
Sat: A Squad ONLY 4:45-7:00pm
Monday, February 17: NO SCHOOL – Presidents’ Day
- A Squad, 9 – 12:30
Tuesday, February 18 (North)
- Honors and AVID paperwork for Palmer HS is due – see Mrs. Brewer
- Before school: Learning Center; Leadership Club; Dodgeball
- After-school: Climbing Club; Homework Club; Math Tutoring Rm. 230; Public Achievement; BASKETBALL AT Galileo
Wednesday, February 19 (Viking)
- CIVA Charter school at 8th grade lunch
- Before school: Learning Center, 7:30-8:15; Int’l Book Club; Boys’ B Squad 7-8:30am
- After-school: Craft Club; Forensics; NORTH BOYS; Young Artists; PLAY PRACTICE to 6pm; Boys’ A Squad, 3:50-6pm
Thursday, February 20 (North)
- Girls’ STEM trip
- Legislative Day trip
- SAC, 9:00am
- Before school: Learning Center, 7:30-8:15; Yearbook;
- After school: Homework Club; Math Tutoring Rm. 238; Pride Club; BASKETBALL HOME VS. Mann
Friday February 21 (Viking)
- GT Ent CFA trip
- Before school: Learning Center, 7:30-8:15; Anime Club
- After-school: B SQUAD TOURNAMENT PRELIMS; KARAOKE/POETRY SLAM
Saturday February 22
- Pikes Peak Regional Science Fair at UCCS
- Play rehearsal 9am – 2pm. BRING A LUNCH!
- BOYS’ B SQUAD BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT FINALS
- Boys’ A Squad, 4:45 – 7:00pm
- Drum Line 10-30 – noon
- Color Guard noon – 1:30
- NO SCHOOL on Monday
- 8th graders interested in CIVA Charter School can meet with representatives during lunch on Wednesday
- Performances of the Drama Club’s “Into the Woods” have been rescheduled for MARCH 2, 3 &4!
- NEXT UP FOR SPORTS! Volleyball try-outs will be from 4-6pm March 4, 5, 6. CHECK NOW TO MAKE SURE YOUR PHYSICAL IS UP TO DATE! Current sports physical and new blue card are required to attend try-outs. BOYS’ TRACK BEGINS MARCH 11, SPRING SOCCER MARCH 16.
- Click here to see how easy it is to collect Boxtops for Education points for North’s PE program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWuXDKejVEg&feature=youtu.be . We appreciate your help!
- FREE LAUNDRY FACILITIES! Contact Mr. Weickum or Mrs. Eggleston to use the North laundry room (we have detergent for you) OR to arrange a drop off and we’ll have it clean for you by the end of the day!
- Our Young Artists need wide-mouth plastic containers with secure lids! (Truvia jars are perfect!) The group is working on several new murals and need safe containers for paint transport.
Archive of Attachments Sent with Home Connect Emails During 2019-2020 School Year
This archive will save all attachments sent home with Home Connect emails.
- Colorado Springs School District 11 Calendar for 2019-2020 (Spanish) (August 11, 18)
- Cell Phone Policy Poster & Cell Phone Policy as Explained (August 18, 25, Jan. 5)
- Picture Day (August 18)
- Bell Schedule Final (August 18, 25)
- YMCA After School Program (August 25, September 1, 8, 15) Updated & Reposted (Dec. 15, Jan. 5, 12)
- Basketball Flyer (Sept. 8, 15)
- BDF Building Advisory Committee (Sept. 15, 22)
- Laundry (Sept. 22, 29, Oct. 6, 13, 20, 27, Jan. 5, 12)
- North Shirts (Sept. 22, 29, Oct. 6)
- Conferences & Conferences Spanish (Sept. 22, 29, Oct. 6, 13, 20)
- Butter Braids (Sept. 22, 29, Oct. 6, 13, 20, 27, Nov. 3)
- Focus on Academics (Sept. 29, Oct. 6)
- Palmer Shadowing Info (Oct. 13, 20, 27, Nov. 3)
- Marijuana and your child (Oct. 13, 20)
- Pre-AP Info (Oct. 27, Nov. 3)
- Karaoke & Poetry Night (Oct. 27, Nov. 3)
- AVID & Avalanche (Oct. 27, Nov. 3)
- STEAM Night (Oct. 27, Nov. 3, 10)
- Wreaths Across America (Nov. 3, 10, 17, Dec. 1, Dec. 8)
- Thanksgiving Food Drive (Nov. 3, 10, 17)
- PRIDE Club (Nov. 3, 10, 17)
- New Security Letter (Nov. 10)
- Middle School Chess Tournament (Nov. 17, Dec. 1)
- Poetry and Karaoke Dec. 6 (Dec. 1)
- North Family Tree (Dec. 1, Dec. 8, Dec. 15)
- North Christmas Food Drive (Dec. 1, Dec. 8, Dec. 15)
- Hand Washing-Dr. Will & Hand Washing CDC (Dec. 8, Dec. 15, Jan. 5, 12)
- Flu-2019 & Flu-CDC Dec. 8, Dec. 15, Jan. 5, 12)
- Homework Club (Jan. 5, 12, 26)
- Career Conversations 1 & 2 (Jan. 26)
- Pancake Breakfast (Jan. 26, Feb. 2, Feb. 9)
- Flu Home Remedies & Wash Hands (Feb. 2, Feb. 9)
- Sac Training Agenda & SAC Info (Feb. 2)
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet (Feb. 16)