A preliminary background check is conducted on all newly registered volunteers.
Board Policy IJOC and IJOC-R, as well as IJOA, require D11 volunteers who perform their duties without the supervision of a District 11 employee to submit to an extensive background check to include being fingerprinted, as we do potential employees.
Security is ONLY available to conduct fingerprinting Tuesdays, 1:00 p.m. -2:30 p.m. and Wednesdays and Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. (by appointment only). To make an appointment, please call (719) 520-2202.
Results of all background checks are shared with school administrators.
Extensive Background Check Procedures
D11 volunteers requested by school staff to perform their duties without the supervision of a D11 employee (i.e., overnight field trips, out of district events) must be fingerprinted and background checked as we do potential employees. The cost of an extensive background check is $54.50, plus an additional $5.00 per alias/maiden name.
Charter School volunteers cost is $72.40, plus $5.00 per alias/maiden name as directed by Business Services.
Payment must be made at the time the fingerprints are taken.
D11 Engage may only accept checks or money orders in person or
MySchoolBucks School Store gives you convenient, 24/7 access to pay for school-related items including fingerprints, meals and field trips.
You do not need to create an account to purchase from the District 11 store. To shop as a guest choose the guest link below. If you already have a MySchoolBucks account or would like to create one, click the login link. https://www.myschoolbucks.com/ver2/stores/getstoremain?view=&searchText=&clientID=117085&catalogView=icon
- Click “Browse All Items” or “View All” in the Featured Items Section.
- Under Filter by Category, select Fingerprinting to make a Fingerprint/Background Check Payment, or Miscellaneous for Other Payments made to Financial Services
- Once the icon pops up, select View Details
- To check out, select the cart on the top right corner. Enter your Credit Card info and address (the address you enter must be the same address your Credit Card is under or MSB will reject the payment). Follow the prompts to finalize the payment.
Please Note: there is a Program Fee of $ 2.60 that is added to the final total.
A report will be shared with the school administrator when the results are available.
- All District 11 school volunteers except charter school volunteers, must complete the required D11 Security paperwork at D11 Engage located at 711 East San Rafael Street, CSC 80903, (719) 520-2202.
- Charter School volunteers begin at Business Services to pay for the cost of an extensive fingerprint check. Business Services is located in the main administration building, 1115 North El Paso Street. A receipt from Business Services will need to accompany a charter school volunteer to proceed to D11 Engage to complete paperwork.
- Security ONLY does fingerprinting (by appointment only) Tuesdays, 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. and Wednesdays and Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. (by appointment only). To make an appointment, please call (719) 520-2202.
School Administration Procedures
Elementary, middle and high schools may authorize the charges to a Fund 10 account. Elementary and middle schools ONLY may authorize the charge to a Fund 74 account. Payment from a grant, Fund 22, is also acceptable with signed authorization from the grant manager. High schools ONLY may remit a check. However, the check should accompany the individual(s) at the time the fingerprints are taken. The journal entry form needs to be used if you are charging a fund 10, 74 or 22. It is available online on the intranet. Completed and signed journal entry forms must accompany the individual(s) when requesting fingerprints to be taken OR must be sent to D11 Engage before the individual(s) the potential volunteer proceeds to Security to have their fingerprints taken.