Articulated College Credits for D11 CTE Home Page
ONLINE FORMS NOW AVAILABLE!
DISTRICT 11 IS PROUD TO COVER 100% OF THE COST OF COLLEGE CREDIT FOR CTE ARTICULATION.
ONLINE FORM SUBMISSION
NEW! You can complete the CTE Articulation request entirely online. Fill out this form and it will automatically be sent to your teacher or CTE director if your teacher is no longer available. You will be notified when the form is accepted and processed.
SELECT THE ARTICULATION ICON TO SEE ALL POTENTIAL ARTICULATED COURSES IN D11
If you prefer to print and complete this PDF form and submit it to your CTE teacher for their signature and authorization of district payment then downloadthe form here. A CTE articulation is available UP TO THREE YEARS after a student takes their course. If the teacher is no longer available, the district CTE Director can complete and authenticate the form. You can contact them atthe adress and phone numebrs indicated on this website.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ARTICULATED CREDIT AND CONCURRENT ENROLLMENT
The term ARTICULATED CREDIT is specific to Career and Technical Education programs in relationship to their local community college partner. In our case, our partner is Pikes Peak Community College. Due to this relationship, authorized CTE program in local school districts may align their curriculum to a college course and award equivelant college credit through the porcess of articulation.
ARTICULATED CREDIT appears on a student transcript as Prior Learning Credit. This is the same process colleges use to warad credit for Advanced Placement testing, IB testing, CLEP, and prior military course work.
ARTICULATED CREDIT = HIGH SCHOOL COURSE.
- Part of state approved secondary CTE program,
- instructed by state authorized secondary CTE teacher
- School district approved curriculum aligns 100% to Community College standard course outcomes.
- College exercises no control over enrollment, no oversight of instruction
- Students with A or B get a prior learning credit for an equivalent community college course at the partnering IHE.
- Enrollment in course is free as this is a high school course.
- Articulated credit is $10 regardless of number of college credits awarded. D11 PAYS this for the student when the online form is submitted to the district.
CONCURRENT ENROLLMENT = COMMUNITY COLLEGE COURSE.
- Students enroll at PPCC. Register for course like all college students.
- Instructor is postsecondary HLC qualified adjunct to community college.
- Students must qualify to take the course according to college testing and pre-requisite guidelines.
- If college requires, district must provide books/materials to students in alignment with college requirements.
- If students fail or get a D, that grade remains part f their permanent college transcript and GPA (This can effect college enrollment or transferring in years to come).
- High school may choose to award equivalent high school credit toward graduation. College has no opinion or influence on this aspect.
- District is charges the campus pathway rate for tuition (currently 10% of on-campus per cred tuition rate)
D11 ARTICULATION LISTS
GUIDE TO REQUESTING ARTICULATION
GUIDE TO REGISTERING AT PPSC
Before students can complete a request for CTE Articulation, they must be a Pikes Peak Community College student.
REGISTRATION IS FREE
Students will be assigned a student number called their S# and they will need this to complete their CTE request for articulated credit.
No request will be processes without an PPCC Registration
NEED HELP REGISTERING? CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL
PPSC HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAMS
Articulation agreements with Pikes Peak Commn=unity College are open to retroactive application, up to 3 tears. For a complete histrorical list of which D11 articulations have been active in the past three years, goto the PPCC site directls.
Note: This will show RJWAC Career Pathways being identified with D11 Odyssey Early College and Career Options. That is OKAY! Students from ANY D11 SCHOOL who participate in REGIONAL CAREER PATHWAYS PROGRAN at Roy. J Wasson Academic Campus are eligible for articulated credit. When completing the ARTICULATION REUQEST FORM, please identify your program school as Odyssey ECCO.