ASCENT - Accelerating Students through Concurrent Enrollment
Get a year or more of college paid for!
Important dates to remember:
Get a 5th year of Concurrent Enrollment!
November 1st- Postsecondary application of intent deadline. Work to identify your 9 postsecondary credits for eligibility. If needed, ensure you have a spring Concurrent Enrollment course in your schedule to ensure you hit the 9 credits. Work to order or attain your transcripts if completing 9 via articulation, CLEP, AP, etc.
-Application Link coming October 1st
November 17th- Enroll for Spring CE course. Complete enrollment for the spring course to complete 9 credits.
March 22nd- Student Eligibility Worksheet deadline. Complete eligibility paperwork for upcoming college registration dates in April.
May 1st- Fall schedule deadline. Students must have attended registration dates and have fall ASCENT schedule turned into your counselor and the CE office for part-time or full-time credit load.
Frequently Asked Questions
Additional ASCENT Program links:
- What is ASCENT?
- How would ASCENT benefit students?
- How do students qualify for this program?
- Should all qualified students participate in ASCENT?
- What are the steps to apply?
- How much college tuition will District 11 pay?
- Will District 11 pay for student's room and board at college?
- Does participating in this program impact the amount financial aid a student may receive?
- If students stay enrolled at the high school for a 5th year, when will they be considered a high school graduate?
- Will students be able to participate in high school graduation?
- Where can students take college classes?
- Is there a limit to the number of credits a student can take?
- Are students required to participate for the entire school year?
- Which college classes can a student take?
- Can a student participate in college activities and athletics?
- Will District 11 provide transportation to the college?
- What else does a student need to know?
- When do students have to decide and commit to the program?
- What do students need to do now?