Cosmetology & Hairstyling
Students who are juniors or seniors may enroll in a two-year hairstyling certification program through the International Salon and Spa Academy (ISSA). Students earn high school credit while preparing for their industry certification. Students attend half-day courses at ISSA with both A.M. and P.M. offerings. District 11 covers the cost of tuition for ISSA students. Any additional fees are the responsibility of students and parents.The application window will open in February for students,there will also be a site visit and parent information session.
+ For more information and to APPLY complete the ISSA Application form. ISSA Application Form
OR Scan this QR code from your mobile device to complete the ISSA Application.
Students must complete the following steps:
1. Complete interest form/application on the D11 website.
2. Update ICAP Postsecondary goal to reflect your course within the certificate or degree plan you are working toward.
3. Contact and meet with school/career and college counselor.
4. Attend ISSA open house evernt in the spring semester.
5. Once counselor approved, complete any required testing or qualifying measures.
6. Complete ISSA Application for the program.
7. Confirm with counselor all steps were completed in order to be scheduled in course or program.