After School Enrichment
Frequently Asked Questions
Which schools are offering this programming?
- Monroe, Twain, Trailblazer, Adams, Audubon, Freedom, King, Rudy, and Midland offer after-school enrichment programs. The Midland program will also includes students from West Elementary School.
How do I sign my child up for programming at my school?
- Sign-ups are done directly with your child’s school. If a program reaches capacity, a waitlist will be maintained by the school.
Does my child have to be a student at the school to participate in the enrichment programming?
- Yes, your child must be currently enrolled as a kindergarten-5th grade student at the school you wish to participate in. Kindergartners and new students who are enrolled and beginning school in the fall of 2022 at the school may also sign up.
What are the hours?
- The enrichment programming begins at the end of the school day, and runs until 5:30 pm on school days. Programming will not be available on school breaks, non-student contact days, weather days, or over the summer.
What is the cost?
- Schools offer this programming at little to no cost to parents. Please contact your school for details.
What activities will be offered?
- Activities are chosen to incorporate both fun and learning, and may include activities such as hands-on science experiments, art projects, educational games, and guest speakers from community organizations. Field trips may also be available. Specific activities are planned by each school, and will vary from site to site.
Who should I call if I have more questions?
- Please contact the principal at your child’s school.