Mission: We dare to empower the whole student to profoundly impact our world.
Vision: To be a school where we build positive relationships and empower students to be innovative thinkers and problem-solvers who take ownership of their education through a growth mindset.
Belief Statement: We value a quality education for ALL students to grow and succeed. We value a safe positive environment that nurtures the whole child with meaningful relationships. We value collaborative family partnerships.
Welcome to Taylor Elementary! Our philosophy at Taylor stems from the belief that all students will achieve. With this in mind, we believe that all staff members must demonstrate a commitment to children, building positive relationships through Capturing Kids’ Hearts and the pursuit of excellence. Our teachers are committed to providing effective instruction through Arts-Integration and consistently support each other’s efforts for student success. Our success is strengthened by our parent participation. Our PTA strongly supports our teachers and students through volunteering their time in the classroom, at family events and raising funds for resources. Our PTA is amazing!
Expectations for students: take ownership of their learning by
- Arriving to school on time
- Completing homework as expected
- Reading each night for at least 20 minutes
- Making mistakes! Yes, when you make mistakes you are learning.
- Put forth your best effort every day!
In return, we as a staff will commit to supporting students by:
- Capturing their Hearts to build a positive relationship with every student and create a community of learners
- Guaranteeing high quality curriculum and delivering effective instruction every day
- Providing character building activities and problem-solving skill instruction