As a member of National Honor Society you must maintain at least a 3.5 GPA and actively contribute to the organization. Active participation is defined by the following:
- Dues: We have annual dues of $10 (if you first join NHS during your senior year your dues are $20). This goes to cover our printing costs, membership certificates and pins, induction ceremony, NHS graduation chords, etc. Take your dues to the business window and let them know that it’s for NHS. Then, email a picture or return your receipt to Mr. Gryboski in room 12.
- Community Service: All members are expected to perform a minimum of 28 hours of community service for the school year. Exceptions: Only 20 hours for new inductees.
- Picking up trash in the community counts towards these hours
- Campus Clean-Up: This has been suspended for the 2020-2021 school year due to the pandemic.
The induction ceremony is usually held in October in the Auditorium. However, due to the pandemic we are moving the induction ceremony to sometime in the spring of 2021. It may have to be outdoors. We will keep new inductees updated as plans are made. New inductees are still expected to perform community service hours of 20 hours for the school year. Hours new inductees have completed this school year but before being accepted into NHS count toward this year. All hours of service must be logged on the individual member website (link is at the top of this page).
2020-21 NHS OFFICERS
- President – Sophie Urban (email@example.com)
- Vice President – Brooklynn Cassens (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Secretary – Christen Mayberry (email@example.com)
- Publicity – Jackson Shaeffer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Advisor – Mr. Gryboski (Room 12) Douglas.Gryboski@d11.org