All Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors with a Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher will receive an application to join Coronado's National Honor Society during the month of September each school year. The application is judged on the four cornerstone principles of NHS: Character, Service, Leadership and Scholarship. Once an applicant is accepted into NHS they are required to fulfill the following:
- Dues: We have annual dues of $10 (if you first join NHS during your senior year your dues are $20). This goes to cover our printing costs, membership certificates and pins, induction ceremony, NHS graduation chords, etc. Take your dues to the business window and let them know that it’s for NHS. Then, email a picture (Douglas.Gryboski@d11.org) or return your receipt to Mr. Gryboski in room 12.
- Community Service: All members are expected to perform a minimum of 30 hours of community service for the school year. Exceptions: Only 26 hours for new inductees. Time spent picking up trash anywhere in the community counts as community service.
- Campus Clean-Ups: Members are required to complete 4 campus clean-ups each consisting of 30 minutes (total of 2 hours) of walking a portion of the Coronado Campus to pick up trash. Originally, this was a service requirement to be completed at Coronado. However, now you may fulfill this service by picking up trash at any public area in town (parks or streets) to help clean up the city.
2022-23 NHS OFFICERS
- President – Lynnea Waddell
- Vice President – Natalie Austin
- Secretary – Erin Gray
- Publicity – Britania Van't Land
Advisor – Mr. Gryboski (Room 12) Douglas.Gryboski@d11.org