Media Center Policies
Updated Sept 2016
- We welcome you to spend your unscheduled time in the Palmer Media Center! Please be safe, be respectful, and be responsible while you are here.
- The media center is a multi-use space. Please show courtesy to those around you who may be engaged in different activities. We encourage collaboration, conversation, and community in the library.
- You may check out up to three books at a time for a two-week period. Renewals are available. If you have a need for more than three books, see a librarian.
- You are welcome to move chairs, but please don’t rearrange the entire environment. When you are finished, return furniture to its’ home.
- Please keep food and beverages in the food court area of the library media center. Report accidental spills right away; library staff will provide you with cleaning supplies to clean it up.
- You are also welcome to use the stairs between the levels of the library.
- If a computer is not logged in to someone else, it is available. This includes the two computer labs upstairs. Be aware that a class may have reserved a lab, and you may need to move to a different computer if a class comes in.
- The area immediately outside the Distance Learning Lab is designated as a Gaming Area. Please visit these computers first if you want to play games. Be courteous to your fellow library patrons; use headphones and keep your excitement at an appropriate volume level.
- We would love for you to request magazines and books that we don’t currently have in our collection. We will make every effort to include your requests when we order new materials.
- Not all of our books are printed on paper! We have eBooks, audiobooks, and other electronic resources available.
- Do you have a project and need some resources to get you started? Are you not sure how to find something in the library? Do you need more information about a certain topic and you are just stumped? Your librarians are all here to help!