Welcome to Palmer Social Studies
The Social Studies department offers relevant and engaging experiences while looking at both the past and the present to explore the human condition.
Students engage in a variety of learning experiences building on literacy and critical thinking skills. The 9th grade year opens with an opportunity to engage with the community in a personal and meaningful way through a service learning project. This experience is built upon as students are welcome to choose the content and rigor that best suits their interest and needs throughout the rest of their time at Palmer.
We focus on:
- Engaging and Relevant Courses
- Preparation for the Future
- Critical Analysis
- AP Offerings (U.S. History, Government, Economics, Psychology and Geography)
- IB Offerings (Middle Years Program, Standard Level, and Higher Level including History of the Americas and Psychology)
- Electives (Constitutional and Criminal Law, Psychology, History of the South West, Multi-Cultural History, Issues of the 21st Century)
- World History
- United States History
Our Staff Include:
- Rotary Diamond Teacher Award Winners
- Official Advanced Placement Assessment Readers
- IB Examiner
- National Board Certified Teacher
- Award Winning Coaches
- President of Colorado Council for Social Studies
Jump to page 34 below to view all Social Studies Course Offerings.
Social Studies Faculty
719.328.5056 ext. 65121
719.328.5054 ext. 65123
719.328.5054 ext. 65103