Contact: Palmer NHS Sponsor
Name: Michael Chamberlin
Office: 301 N Nevada AVE Colorado Springs, CO 80903
President - Joseph Van Dyk
Vice President - Chay Buchholz-Guerrero
Secretary - Lydia Hurcomb
Treasurer - Elliette Igel-Manvitz
Historian - Ellie Van Dyk
NHS Applicants - Scroll down for a list of accepted NHS Applications for the 2022-2023 school year.
Our mission is to promote academic excellence, to encourage service to others, and to promote leadership
Next meeting: September 2022
Attendance at the meetings is a requirement for membership. If you cannot attend a meeting for school-related reasons (e.g. - a soccer game, not practice), contact Mr. Chamberlin at least one day before the meeting. Failure to inform Mr. Chamberlin of your absence prior to the meeting will result in an unexcused absence for that meeting. NHS members are allowed a maximum of one unexcused absence per school year. We will be meeting in our small groups - groups coming soon.
Officers normally meet a week prior to the general assembly meeting.
Membership in NHS has its requirements:
1) Maintain at least a 3.6 overall GPA (weighted). If your GPA falls below 3.6 you will will be placed on NHS Probation and have one semester to bring is back up to 3.6 to remain in NHS.
2) Dues. $15 paid at the Palmer Business Office. If you cannot afford the dues, see Mr. Chamberlin in room 222.
3) Attend monthly meetings. One unexcused meeting will result in NHS Probation. More than one unexcused meeting will result in a Dismissal Hearing. If you need to be absent from a meeting (doctor appointment, sport game - not practice, etc.), contact Mr. Chamberlin (email@example.com) prior to the meeting.
4) Service Projects - Fall Semester: Two in-school service projects must be completed. Second Semester: Two in-school service projects must be completed. Each Semester: One individual project must be completed (can be a 3rd in-school service project). For each project you must take a "selfie" at the project site and post it to your group's media folder in the NHS Schoology Class . Include your name, the project name and a brief description of the photo. The spring due dates are: seniors - May 2; juniors - May 16.
To keep track of these requirements, GPA, meeting attendance, dues, and community service will be tracked within the NHS Schoology Class (https://d11.schoology.com/course/5370369313/materials)
Bylaws are the governing rules and regulations of the Palmer NHS Chapter and its members. Bylaws were updated and approved by the Faculity Council in December, 2018.
New officers for the 2022-2023 school year:
President: Takaya Montez de Oca
Vice President: Zoe Huesgen Hobbs
Secretary: Shannon Howarth
Treasurer: Jillian Lange
Historian: Rebecca Fraser
Congratulations to our new NHS Inductees! The NHS Induction Ceremony will be held at the end of August or the beginning of September 2022. Stay tuned for more information when we return to school in August.
Alita Alvarez Aileen Ambuul Sydney Black Rory Chase Amelia Chavez Kelly Comiskey Liam Cornish Arianna Cuadra Sophia Daniel Adeline Ferguson Anjelina Garcia Ella Gustafson Madden Hagood Hannah Harding ShaNiya Hargrave Abdimalik Hussein Andrew Jang Sean Kirk Autumn Largent Arianna Ledington Graham Lefere Haylie Lewis Leah Martinez Maleijha McCall Lucy McIntyre Kayla Neecehammond Gabrielle Randle Gabrielle Randle Kian Sergeant Olivia Sheridan Jackson Siebert Robert Vasquez Dylan White Stolfus Rhianna Williams Erikka Williams
Service Projects (Individual)
The service projects listed below are not required. However, these projects need volunteers so it would be great if you could help out.
Service Projects (In-School)
Two of the following service projects are required spring semester, 2022.
1) Blood Drive: donating, and volunteering.
2) High Trails: April 6-8. This counts as two service projects.
3) Teacher Appreciation letters (May meeting)
4) Teacher Appreciation - help a teacher. Week of May 2-6.
This website contains the basic information about the Palmer Chapter of the National Honor Society and a list of volunteer opportunities. Further communication is via Remind (send code @cekgkh to 81010 to sign up), email, and occasionally text.