Gifted & Talented Mrs. Wriedt
At Steele Elementary, programming for gifted students matches their unique characterisitics and abilities.
Services & Opportunities for Gifted and Talented students
- Development, collaboration and progress monitoring of advanced learning plans for all identified gifted and talented students.
- Communication with classroom teachers and parents regarding student's academic and affective goals.
- Gifted and talented pull-out model in ELA and math for project-based learning.
- STEM/STEAM experiences implemented on a regular basis with Gifted Resource Teacher.
- Visit from GiftedEducation.com team. Delivery of differentiated STEM activity for all children grades 3-5.
- "Genius Hour" implementation grades 3-5.
- Annual Biography Wax Museum.
- Trip to Challenger Learning Center (Mission to Mars)
- ALEKS online math program for all Tier 2 & Tier 3 students.
- Curriculum Compacting in math grades 3-5
- Literacy focus groups for Tier 2 & Tier 3 gifted students focusing on critical thinking, Depth and Complexity, Socratic Seminars, creativiity, inquiry-based learning, and individualized projects.