Doherty mathematical courses conform to the latest recommendation of the Colorado Academic Standards, which require a synergy between mathematical content and mathematical practices. The primary goals of the Mathematics Program is to learn, communicate, and reason mathematically, thereby enabling students to become confident mathematical problem solvers.
The courses follow the approach of making mathematics relevant by using math skills in a problem-solving environment. All students’ mathematical learning will embody the concepts that engagement in mathematics is essential, and that decision-making, risk-taking, cooperative work, perseverance, self-assessment, and self-confidence are frequently keys to success.
Doherty’s Math Department offers a wide range of classes including Pre-AP Algebra 1/2, Pre-AP Geometry and Algebra 3/4. In addition, there are several electives to choose from including Math Analysis and Trigonometry (MA Trig), Functions Statistics and Trigonometry (FST), Statistics and Consumer Math. Additionally, Doherty offers dual-enrollment opportunities in Precalculus, AP Statistics, AP Calculus, and AP Calculus II/III.
- PreAlgebra / Algebra 1 – Full Year (9)
- Pre-AP Honors Algebra 1, 2-Full Year (9)
- Pre-AP Honors Geometry-Full Year (9-10)
- Pre-AP Algebra 1, 2-Full Year (9-10)
- Honors Algebra 3, 4-Full Year (9-11)
- Algebra 2A, 2B-Full Year (10-11)
- Pre-Calculus-Full Year (10-12)
- Pre-AP Geometry-Full Year (10-11)
- Functions/Stats/Trig-Full Year (11-12)
- Math Analysis/Trig-Full Year (11-12)
- Statistics-Full Year (12)
- AP Statistics-Full Year (11-12)
- Integrated Algebra/Geometry-Full Year (10-11)
- AP Calculus AB-Full Year (11-12)
- Algebra 3, 4-Full Year (11-12)
- AP Calculus III-Full Year (12)
- Consumer Math-Full year (12)
Highlights - Opportunities - Benefits
College Credit available for some classes through UCCS
Advanced Placement Testing (AP) available in some classes
Mathematics competitions available through the Mathletes Club