Students who are enrolled in a D-11 middle school are eligible for participation in the middle school interscholastic athletic program. The following interscholastic sports are offered:
- Football is open to 7th and 8th graders.
- Track will have a 6th, 7th and 8th grade teams.
- Basketball, volleyball, and wrestling include an A - squad and a B - squad. The A - squad can be composed of 7th and 8th graders; the B - squad can be composed of 6th and 7th graders. A Classic Tournament ends each season for track and A - squads.
- Basketball, volleyball, and wrestling include a B - squad Classic.
- Track and wrestling are open to all students, while basketball and volleyball will have tryouts.
Students who are interested in participating in athletics should contact the coaches for information. Students must be enrolled by the first day of practice in order to try out.
ADMISSION to games will cost $0.50 for kindergarten to 8th-grade students and $1.00 for high school students, adults and senior citizens. Classic tournaments cost $1.00 for kindergarten to 8th-grade students and senior citizens, and $2.00 for high school students and adults. Games may be played at each of our middle schools and also at high school and District facilities. Participating athletes, coaches and children younger than kindergarten are admitted free.
ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR FOR PLAYERS AND FANS –
Good sportsmanship is important; therefore school and District rules will be enforced during all practices and events. Clapping and cheering is encouraged, but booing, taunting, profanity, racist or sexist comments, or any intimidation towards players, spectators, officials, administrators, or coaches will not be tolerated. Any person – player or fan – engaging in inappropriate/ unsportsmanlike behavior can be removed from the competition site by officials or District personnel and, for students, a suspension from school may also occur.
Sabin also requires that parents and other fans refrain from engaging the coaches and officials during and immediately following the games. Any concerns about coaches, players, or officials should be directed to the school administrator or to the District Athletic Office at 520-2690.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION –
Students must complete five practices before they are allowed to compete in a game or meet. All students who wish to participate in interscholastic athletics are expected to maintain grades of Cs or better in all of their classes in order to compete. Grades are checked weekly.
Prior to the first practice, athletes must turn in to the payment window:
• The yellow CHSSA Statement by Physician and Parent for Athletic Participation card which requires a physician signature indicating that the student has passed a physical within the year and a parent signature indicating insurance coverage. Yellow cards are good for one calendar year.
• The blue Emergency Information/Consent for Emergency Treatment for Interscholastic Activity Injuries card. This must be filled out prior to each sport.
• The District athletic fee. Athletic fees are waived for each sport this year.