Our English language learner (ELL) Community Liaisons establish and maintain communication and productive relationships between school, community agencies, parents and students. They support all Colorado Springs School District 11 schools but primarily focus on our English learner students and their families. Our ELL Community Liaisons provide support and opportunities as well as resolution of problems to support student well-being and academic achievement.
The essential functions of the ELL Community Liaisons are to:
- support English learner students regarding academic, attendance and personal issues or problems.
- provide school and community resources for individual and family assistance by referring English learner families to the appropriate agencies for medical, dental, food and housing resources.
- support schools, English learner students and families during school, problem solving team and community meetings.
- collaborate with the school counselor, the social worker and the psychologist to support English learner high risk students and their families.
- conduct phone calls and home visits to support English learner families in need.