Our English language learner (ELL) Community Liaisons establish and maintain communication and productive relationships between schools, community agencies, parents and students. They support all Colorado Springs School District 11 schools but primarily focus on our ELL students and their families. Our ELL Community Liaisons provide support to enhance student and family well-being and academic achievement.
The essential functions of ELL Community Liaisons are to:
- support ELL students regarding academic, attendance and personal issues or problems
- provide school and community resources for individual and family assistance by referring ELL families to the appropriate agencies for medical, dental, food and housing resources
- support schools and ELL students and families during school hours in order to facilitate communication
- collaborate with school counselors, social workers and psychologists to support high risk ELL students and their families
- conduct phone calls and home visits to support ELL families in need