2019-2020 Retirement Information
- Check with PERA to see what your monthly payments would be upon retirement.
- Ask for a PERA Retirement Packet to be sent to your home.
- Go to PERA meetings offered around town to enquire more information concerning retirement.
- Go to the Labor Relations page and click on the website for your employee group to view the Seniority List to see where you on the overall list.
- Look for E-mails and flyers announcing when the due dates for the Non-Binding Letters of Intent for retirement are to be returned to HR. (Generally letters are due the 2nd work day after Thanksgiving)
- Send a Non-Binding Letter of Intent to the Human Resources Department by the due date. (Generally letters are due the 2nd work day after Thanksgiving)
- A confirmation letter will be sent indicating that your Non-Binding-Letter of Intent Form has been received and then you are considered for the Retirement Incentive Program (RIP).
- Of those who apply for retirement, prospective retirees with the greatest seniority are eligible to receive a 75% buyout of their unused sick leave. In addition, they may be eligible to continue their medical insurance for a period of up to two years at district rates. Who qualifies for these options?
- Teachers: The top forty (40) teachers who apply are eligible for this plan;
- ESP: The top twenty (20) ESP employees who apply are eligible for this plan (must have a minimum of 15 years of service with the district);
- Exec-Prof: Any Executive-Professional employees with 5 or more years as an Executive-Professional will be eligible for a pro-rated share of available sick leave payout funds.
- Letters received after the deadline will not be considered for the Retirement Incentive Program (RIP).
- You may still retire at any time without being eligible for the Retirement Incentive Program (RIP) and you may also work a transition year.
2018-2019 ESP Seniority List
Non binding letter of intent