ESP Ambassador Leadership Symposium
September 22, 2023
Registration and Breakfast 7:30 am - 8:30 am
- Conflict, Representation, Coaching, ESP Handbook
- HR Jeopardy
- Round table discussion
To make reservations, email Rebecca Alvic, or call 520-2377
Seating is limited to 50
Closing - 3:30 p.m.
Breakfast and lunch included
*Roles and Responsibilities:
The role of the Ambassador is to represent and advocate the interests of the Education Support Professionals in your building or location. Ambassadors shall provide ongoing outreach and awareness by promoting and supporting the ESP Council's values. The ESP Council values include safe and quality working conditions, competitive wages and benefits, and ensuring employee rights are being met by the provisions outlined in the ESP Meet and Confer Handbook.
- Be familiar with the Education Support Professionals Meet and Confer Handbook
- Foster an atmosphere and climate of respect and teamwork
- Listen, address, coach, and empower to problem-solve concerns and matters
- Collaborate with administrators and supervisors to seek creative solutions to issues
- Communicate and disseminate ESP and District information
- Attend monthly ESP Council meetings
- Support new ESP onboarding initiatives at your building or location
- Attend the ESP Ambassador Symposium on September 22, 2023.
- Communicate ESP interests, ideas, and concerns with the ESP Council office and the Meet and Confer team
- Notify the ESP Council Secretary about ESP life event (s) Melisa Olsen - IT
- Uphold Confidentiality and Integrity
- Accompany an ESP when requested for performance or disciplinary related meeting (s)
- Advise the ESP Council office of situations that need attention
- If you have any questions regarding your roles and responsibilities, please call the ESP President at 520-2492 or the office at 520-2377.