Do your students love imagination and adventure?
Schedule your storytelling performances now!
The Tale Tellers are available through the end of May.
The Tale Tellers, a group of experienced storytellers, continue to share their love of this performing art for grades K-5. Now in their nineteenth year, these volunteers provide storytelling for students in El Paso County as a FREE community resource.
- The stories Tale Tellers perform support standards based education and subjects appropriate for grades K-5. Their performances include patterns of sound, plot development, word choice, background knowledge, paraphrasing and story elements.
- Students learn listening, social and conflict resolutions skills, values and vocabulary.
- Classic and contemporary fables and folklore, stories of foreign countries and cultures, holiday stories and more.
- Colorado History is offered on Fridays for Grades 3-5.
- Each performance is 30 minutes, with a 30-student maximum, for up to 3 sessions per day
- The Tale Tellers are scheduled by D11 Engage.
- D11 Engage will schedule and coordinate the request for a Tale Teller.
- There is a maximum of 30 students per session.
- The teller will be scheduled consecutively for 1-3 sessions maximum. They do prefer to come for at least two sessions.
- Each session is 30 minutes long with a 10-minute break between each session;
Example: 9:00-9:30 9:40-10:10 10:20-10:50
- Due to insurance regulations, teachers must remain with their students at all times during the storytelling session with the Tale Teller.
- A classroom or enclosed area is the best setting for storytelling to avoid noise and traffic distractions.
Questions? Call D11 Engage, 520-2202