Curriculum Enrichment - Community Speakers
The Curriculum Enrichment Program provides a variety of ways for schools and the Community to exchange information and opportunities. This site can help you schedule classroom speakers, field trips & special events for your students.
A Guest Speaker, in-person or virtual, offers an excellent way to introduce or conclude a class unit. The words and experience of someone deeply familiar with the topic offer a fresh perspective on day-to-day classwork while putting a personal face on potentially broad and hard-to-understand concepts. Please click Teacher Request Form to submit a request for a classroom speaker.
- Your online request will be sent to the Curriculum Enrichment Coordinator and processed as quickly as possible. Allow 2-3 weeks lead time to schedule your requested presentation date.
- You will receive a confirmation email document with disposition details of your completed request. A copy will be sent to the speaker and your school's front office administration.
- If you have scheduled your own presenter, please click Register my Speaker provide us with some info, and your presenter will be registered and their scheduled program confirmed.
Many Curriculum Enrichment Speakers can support the following school event programs.
- Career Exploration Events, Fairs, & Panels
- Science, STEM, Health and Resource Days
- Author Days and Read Across America
- History Days and Veteran Celebrations
All Curriculum Enrichment Presenters are registered as Guest Speakers, in-person or virtual, by the D11 Engage Department, per the D11 policy.
The Guest Speaker's presentation has been approved by guidelines from the Curriculum Facilitator for that subject. The Presenter, requesting Teacher, and the school Administrative Assistant will receive an email confirmation document from the D11Engage department upon completion of a request.
All presenters must have a confirmation document for each scheduled school visit. If you have scheduled your own presenter, please click Register My Speaker and your Guest Speaker will be registered and receive an email confirmation document for their scheduled appearance. No additional D11 registration is required. Schools should not register guest speakers as school volunteers. All guest speakers will check in at the school front office with ID and sign in at the school KIOSK.
as a "Visitor".
Local Organizations offer free and fee-based ongoing Community Outreach Presentations and Field Trips Opportunities
- Please review these programs below by subject.
- Click on the subject of your interest. A drop down menu of opportunities will be displayed.
- Click, close the menu and move to a different subject.
- Scheduling and registration instructions are detailed within each information link.
These Listed Presentations and Field Trips are D11 approved.