Curriculum Enrichment - Community Speakers
The Curriculum Enrichment Program provides a variety of ways for Schools and the Community to exchange information and opportunities. We can help you schedule classroom speakers, field trips & special events for your students.
A Guest Speaker In-person or virtual offers an excellent way to introduce or conclude a class unit. The words and experience of someone deeply familiar with the topic offers a fresh perspective from day-to-day classwork while putting a personal face on potentially broad and hard-to-understand concepts. Please click Teacher Request Form to submit a request for a classroom speaker.
- Your online request will be sent to Curriculum Enrichment Coordinator and processed as quickly as possible. Allow 2-3 weeks lead time to schedule your requested presentation date.
- You will receive a confirmation email document with dispositioned details of your completed request. A copy will be sent to the speaker and your school's front office administration.
- If you have scheduled your own activity, please click here provide me some info, and your event will be registered and the program confirmed.
Many Curriculum Enrichment Speakers can also support the following school programs. Please click Teacher Request Form to submit a request for your school's Special Event.
- Career Exploration Events, Fairs, & Panels
- Science, STEM, Health and Resource Days
- Author Days and Read Across America
- History Days and Veteran Celebrations
Several local Organizations offer free ongoing Community Outreach Programs & Field Trip Opportunities. Please review these programs below by subject and grade. Scheduling instructions are detailed on each information flyer. If you need a speaker for a topic not covered by the listed community outreach programs, please click Teacher Request Form to submit a request on your topic of interest.
TO NAVIGATE THIS SEARCH APP - Click on a "Subject & Grade Range" of your interest. A drop down menu of opportunities will display. Click "Close Drop Down" and move to a different "Subject & Grade Range".
All Curriculum Enrichment Presenters are registered as GUEST SPEAKERS (in-person or virtual) by this department per D11 policy and their presentations has been approved by guidelines from the Curriculum Facilitator of that subject. The Presenter, requesting Teacher, and the school Administrative Assistant will receive an email confirmation document from this department upon completion of a request. All presenters must have a confirmation document for each scheduled school visit. If you have scheduled your own presenter please click Register My Speaker and your speaker will be registerd and receive an email confirmation document for their scheduled appearance. The process is simple and always guaranteed, your speaker will not be denied a confirmation by this department 😊! No additional D11 registration is required. SCHOOLS SHOULD NOT REGISTER GUEST SPEAKERS AS SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS. Connect with Joan.Sousa@d11.org 719-520-2302 with any questions and concerns.