Single Crochet (sc) into chain stich (ch), building rows
1. Create a foundation chain (ch)
2. Single Crochet (sc) into foundation chain to build rows
3. Chain 1 (ch 1) for height, turn work, then single crochet a second row
This is a single crochet stitch that is used to build rows in scarves, wash clothes, etc...
1. Single Crochet into Foundation Chain
2. Chain 1 and Turn, create 2nd row-Single Crochet (sc)
3. Put it all together! Foundation Chain, Single Crochet into Foundation Chain, Chain 1, Turn Work, Single Crochet Second Row!
Check your work!
1. Make 10 foundation chains
2. Single crochet (sc) into the "V"s of the foundation chains until the end
3. Chain 1 (ch1), turn work
4. Single crochet under the "V"s to create a 2nd row
5. Chain 1 (ch1), turn work, single crochet 3rd row
How many rows can you make?
When you're ready, move to Lesson 3!