Chain Circle, Slip Stitch, and Magic Circle!
1. Create a chain circle
2. Slip Stitch (sl st)
3. Single Crochet (sc) into chain circle to make ring
4. Increase to make larger circle
5. Create a Magic Circle or Magic Ring
6. Single Crochet Magic Circle/Ring, join with slip stitch, single crochet using stitch markers
Chain Circles and Magic Circles/Rings are used to create circular crochet works and 3D crochet works, like STUFFED ANIMALS!
1. Chain Circle, join chain with a Slip Stitch (sl st)
2. Single Crochet into Chain Circle: Increase-make a larger circle!
3. Magic Circle/Magic Ring
5. Single Crochet using Magic Ring and stitch markers
Check your work!
1. Chain 6 and make a Chain Circle
How small can you make your chain circle? 4 chains, 2 chains, 1 chain? How large can you make it?
2. Single crochet 6 (6sc) into the chain circle to form a circle.
3. Crochet 2 single crochet each stich around (inc), doubling the circle.
What would happen if you continued to single crochet and not increase? What would you make?
4. Make a Magic Circle/Magic Ring with 6 single crochets (6sc)
How many single crochets can you put into your Magic Ring? 3? 4? 8? 12? How does the circle change?
4. Single crochet a 2nd and 3rd row to your Magic Circle/Ring
Did you double to increase your stitch number? Or did you keep it the same? What happened?
When you're ready, move to Lesson 4!