Montessori schools promote rigorous, self-motivated learning through manipulating and exploring the world around them.
A child’s experience in our prepared classroom environments, with prepared educators and staff, fosters the skills of concentration, meaningful pursuit of knowledge and exploration of the world around them. Each student is encouraged to play and share experiences alone or together. We provide an environment where children can practice and develop their independence.
Some advantages of a public Montessori school are:
- Academic, social and emotional development is interdependent
- Development of concentration and intrinsic motivation
- Direct, sensory experiences within a multi-age classroom
- Individual work plans provide freedom within limits
- Promotes divergent thinking through interdisciplinary work
- Learning environment is prepared by the Teachers to encourage self-directed learning