PROCEDURES FOR GRANTING CREDIT FOR HOMESCHOOL COURSES
Credit for Homeschool work will be granted by following one, or a combination of methods listed below:
To include a combination of some of the following elements:
- **List of materials used
- Name of text/reference with author and copyright date with photocopies of table of contents of materials
- **Samples of work and notebooks
- Logs or journals
- End of chapter tests and final exams Projects completed/ Research papers
- Letters of participation from private tutors or instructors
- Number of hours of participation
- Description of private class or lesson
- Letters of recommendation
- *Standardized test scores
Placing students at the next level in subject areas of math and foreign language.
If the student receives a grade of C or better after completing one semester of enrollment at the public school, credit will be granted for the homeschool course.
If no documentation can be provided by the parent for a student’s homeschool course, department heads may be called upon to evaluate a student’s knowledge by interview or a written test chosen by the department head. Such interview/test will be administered at the convenience of the department head and on school grounds.
* Standardized test scores as required by statute determine progress of student not placement. **Required items .
All the above criteria are investigational and subject to change without notice.