The Instructional Technology and Library Services department is where you start the process when you request that software be approved. Below, you will find the steps you need to take, and a timeline for your planning.
1. Start your request with an email to email@example.com. Sheri can tell you if the software is already approved or if you need to go through the approval process.
2. If you are directed to put in a ticket, go to https://support.d11.org/home/ to start entering your information. Depending on your request, you will be asked a multitude of questions regarding publisher, system requirements, whether student data is collected, if the product is free or paid, and other questions related to technology approval. If the software includes content for students, you will be asked related questions, including standards that are addressed, the purpose of the software, and whether you have looked at other software already in use by District 11.
3. Once the responses are received, the Technology Division looks for compatibility, system requirements, and Student Data Privacy requirements. Please allow one week for Tech Approval only.
4. If content is contained in the product, your answers will be sent to the Curriculum and Instruction department for their approval. Please allow an additional 1-2 weeks for Curriculum approval.
5. Upon approval from both departments, you will be notified of next steps you need to take, including installation on devices, setting up student accounts (if needed), and any other steps required by the two approving departments.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work behind the scenes to get you the answers you need regarding this complex process.