Free the child's potential, and you will transform him into the world. ~ Maria Montessori
Welcome to Buena Vista Elementary where we “Find the Key, Unlock the Potential!”
Buena Vista is a public Montessori school located on the west side of Colorado Springs, serving students age 3 through 5th grade. All of our students attend on a Choice Permit, and our staff, students, and families form a tight-knit community in which every child is known and nurtured.
We are proud to be Accredited with Distinction by the Colorado Department of Education for academic achievement and growth.
As a Montessori school, we:
- Emphasize development of the whole child.
- Implement a rigorous academic curriculum.
- Teach standards in the context of individual interests and needs.
- Allow students to independently explore concepts using specially designed, hands-on materials.
- Support peer learning and leadership through multi-age classrooms.
- Foster concentration through uninterrupted work periods.
- Develop human beings who think critically, work collaboratively, and act boldly.
We also provide a wide array of field trips, after school activities, and fun family events.
We would love to have you join our Buena Vista family and to have the opportunity to Free your Child’s Potential!
Our enrollment slots fill up quickly, so RSVP via our website or call our office soon at 328-4100 to attend a parent information session and secure your spot on our waiting list.